• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 9, 2019

    Neverwinter Boo's backstory

    Neverwinter Boo's backstory


    Boo's backstory

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:57 PM PST

    I remember during the elemental evil campaign Minsc mentions his faithful companion Boo is a miniature giant space hamster. Given that our most recent mod occurs in space I'm kind of sad that the devs didn't give us any backstory on Boo or even some sort of a nod to giant space hamsters.

    submitted by /u/viridin
    [link] [comments]

    Things To Know About Tales of Old

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:31 AM PST

    Tales has run many times before (on console - and on PC) but I've never seen so many new players run the event and not understand a few fundamentals that ensure a smoother run. If your putting yourself out there in zone looking for a group you need to know some of the following:

    • Your going to be scaled down in there and 16K is the optimal item level required to run the event. This doesn't mean that the event is tailored towards 16K players and anyone over 16K is going to breeze through. It's challenging for a reason.
    • The run has limited lives and although additional lives can be picked up (based on RNG) you can lose them fast if you don't use teamwork. I've been in runs where no extra lives dropped, all x5 instances were extra time.
    • You have limited time to complete the run. Any time left over from #1 will carry on down the chain until #5 or until you run out of time. It's a shorter dungeon than the last couple of Tales instances but it's still possible to run out of time in there so find a pace that works for the group and be mindful of the timer.
    • Each round of Tales has it's own active embellishment and they stack through each round. They are debuffs that make your run harder. They are - #1 Limited Consumables #2 No Artifacts #3 At-Wills cause damage to you #4 Enemies attacks poisonous #5 Power and defense reduced to 50%.
    • Mimics might seem weak enough but when you open one alone you put the whole group at risk and it's a great way to lose team lives. That life lost could be the decider on whether you finish all x5 or not.
    • Don't stand in the red. This goes without saying but the red in Tales can deplete your health fast and if it's a boss there is a chance it can outright kill you. Healers can't heal a one shot. You don't have to worry about it much until after #3
    • If your on the floor during the final boss have the tank move Idris away before you scroll up. I've seen players scroll up only to be hit by her attack again and it killed them a second time.
    • Stay together. This really goes without saying. Healers (clerics as an example) have limited divinity and a limited radius for heals. I can't count how many players I saw today splitting up to try and solo a forge shard on #5.
    • The healer's priority should always be the tank. Tanks aren't that hard to keep pace with and Tales isn't about scoreboards it's about finishing the run and getting to the reward at the end as a group.
    • When building or joining a group make sure you state or ask how many runs it's going to be. Some players want all x5 while some want less and you don't want to find out half way into the run.
    • The same goes for trinkets of old. Not every group is going to slow the pace to collect trinkets. If you are there for trinkets and the rest of the group aren't you can get left behind. Make sure you know going in.
    • If you've got something to do offline do it before you join a group. Tales is a time sink and for something like all x5 you could be looking at an hour. Longer if the group doesn't plan on doing all x5 in one go and instead want to split the run up.
    • If you are a healer stick to healing. Your not there to Dps and the time spent firing off sacred flame could be the time you need to keep your divinity topped up. One of the biggest complaints I've heard from people is their healer was trying to deal damage and not focusing enough on healing.
    • If things are going to hell in a hand basket you can leave the instance through a sign post (providing you have one) if you run out of lives in there without finishing the final boss off you void the coins of that round and the coins of the rounds before that. This won't work in battle, only out of battle. At the gate before Idris for example.
    • You won't earn enough currency to buy the whole Tales set in one week. It's a question I keep seeing asked in zone. Tales is an event that's meant to be run throughout the year.
    • Make sure you have bag space going in. If the RNG is kind you can end up with a lot of insignias. Groups aren't crazy about stopping everything so you can clean out your bags. Items can drop during the run, not just from the mimic. I've seen players pick up something worth 200 RP and roll for it when the rest of the group is busy focusing on the boss fight. No one wants a Need or Greed window flashing up during a rotation.
    • This last one is a personal preference. Don't take two healers at the cost of a Dps. I've seen groups do this already and they get to #4 or #5 but things grind to a halt because they don't have the Dps needed to cut through the mobs, let alone the boss.
    submitted by /u/EtherealEtiquette
    [link] [comments]

    Claws of malar?????

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:53 PM PST

    I am having issue with this quest step, im on xbox as a oathbound paladin and cannot seem to beat the boss on my own due to a lack of dps. Also after my first defeat she spawn camped then disappeared, i was forced to restart the mission. General advice and or help would be appreciated.

    Edit: got it done! :D

    submitted by /u/DarkDragon620
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Soulweaver warlock build

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:47 PM PST

    I just switched my hellbringer to a soulweaver, and I'm having difficulties to find a good build online for mod17. I'm a little over 20k IL, but I'm afraid to do an rqt before beeing sure this loadout is solid. Any avice is welcome!

    submitted by /u/Hptcp
    [link] [comments]

    Rogue Build Help

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:52 PM PST

    I'm a little over 19k item level and can't seem to do as much dps as other classes similar to my level. Can anyone point me to a decent build online? I can't seem to decide which one is better. Also, is Demogorgon still BiS?

    submitted by /u/stealingroses
    [link] [comments]

    New player with warlock Q's

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:00 PM PST

    Just started and ran several classes up to 20 to get a feel for them and I'm really liking the warlock. However, I have a few questions:

    1) What is the stat priority? I see some that say int and cha, while others say con is most important.

    2) With most classes, I've taken the healer starter companion, but I seem to stay pretty full so I'm considering a tank since I spend most of my time dodging around. Is the npc tank any good or is healer still the best bet?

    3) The encounter and at-will skills seem to be set up a little different than the other classes. As a result, I don't have a plan to use them -- in most solo encounters I fire all my encounter spells and then use shadow slip to dash away and finish them off. I haven't even used soul burn yet -- I keep forgetting I have it. Is there a rotation to use when leveling or do most people just yolo it?

    submitted by /u/darcstar62
    [link] [comments]

    Most HP giving companions?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:51 PM PST

    Only companion I know is Energon and Crystal Golem any others? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/moorder12370
    [link] [comments]

    Case of the missing Watcher weapon

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:44 PM PST

    Ok so last night was doing an expedition and we did the ghost which turned into a giant wolf which we duly killed. It said I got a legendary vanity pet and a Watcher Longsword. The former was in my inventory but the latter doesn't seem to be anywhere. The only thing I can think of is that I'm a rogue and the longsword is for a fighter so maybe it only gives you a watcher weapon if it suits your class. But that would seem a bit odd given we all have alts etc.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Pidge-Oz
    [link] [comments]

    Refer a friend

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:31 PM PST

    If I use someone's referral code but I have a character that's lvl 19 could I delete that character to get the rewards?

    submitted by /u/Swarmalert
    [link] [comments]

    Tanks who WON'T tank

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PST

    Hey Neverwinter, what's the deal with "tanks" (fighters/pallys) in random queues who outright refuse to tank? At EVERY monster group they just stand there waiting for DPS players to get sick of waiting and attack. I typically just let it slide and deal with the dungeon myself while it seems they just sort of follow along doing as little as possible. Since this is happening so frequently (probably more often than not), is there something going on that I'm missing? Is this perhaps how tank is supposed to be played?

    submitted by /u/5kaar0
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] game not loading. Can anyone point me where to look

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:32 PM PST

    I've asked tech support, but they've closed the support ticket. And I haven't gotten anywhere.

    Summary: the game crashes on the loading screen. About 2/3 of the way through on the progress bar.

    I played the game on Nov 5. On Nov. 6, it stopped working for me. I've reinstalled client and game, tried safe mode, undid on-demand patching, verified files, turned off AV and firewalls. I hadn't changed anything in the system, there weren't any windows updates in between. I have now, updated drivers, etc. And now I'm stuck. Anyway to see what's causing the crash? W10 task manager just says the application is not responding. I suspect something got updated somewhere, but no idea where else to look.

    I apologize if this is a repost. The original doesn't seem to show up.

    submitted by /u/Rooster_Tail52
    [link] [comments]

    TOO title "The Frosty" not received

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Hey,

    So the Grand Retelling is finally live after yesterday's troll, but as we finished the Frozen Heart (only one available for now) x5, no one in our group received the promised title "The Frosty".

    I have everything from this dungeon since the 2nd TOO, I ran it only for the new title... and didn't got it.

    What happened here?

    submitted by /u/Agilesto
    [link] [comments]

    What too buy?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:42 AM PST

    I got 6mil ad and I'm confused on what too spend it on, I'm a tr and I have my bondings R15 already, and my companions are all leg except 1( he is purple)

    submitted by /u/vordredd
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 Darkened Storytellets Journal Upgrading

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Tootltip says if you add rp and upgrade to Rare (Blue) the journal will change from btc > bta

    Wrong.

    Stays btc regardless. Fucking tooltips....

    submitted by /u/hdmi2016
    [link] [comments]

    New player looking for some advice.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:10 AM PST

    Hey everyone I am looking to start the game on PS4 if I like it I may play on PC. Either way I am clueless on how to build and whatnot so I figured I would reach out here and see if someone could help me build a DPS fighter.

    submitted by /u/OrenPlays
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment