• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Neverwinter Healing has gone crazy since the update. (My max health points was at 25k)

    Neverwinter Healing has gone crazy since the update. (My max health points was at 25k)


    Healing has gone crazy since the update. (My max health points was at 25k)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Mod 19 Healing as a DC. A discussion from a life long healers(eq1) POV.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Good morrow adventurers! Hopefully your adventures have been prosperous lately and the devils and demons haven't caused you too much torment.

    I just wanted to write up a post giving my general feedback, another one I know I know, on the current changes to healing with a DC in mod 19 on console.

    This is from the perspective of playing on console(Xbox) and how the changes feel, are possibly meant to have been implemented, how they actually work, and how it feels to currently be a healer in mod 19. Throughout my experience of playing a healer as my main character since I first started played one as my main back in EverQuest 1, all the way to the present.

    When NW first came to console, I started my DC and he was my one and only toon. Save for the gwf I made during strongholds because it was something different and gave me options if I got bored. Other than that, he has been my main up to 2016 when I left the game for a bit. And I came back earlier this year and jumped into mod 18.

    Healing changed a lot from when I left in 2016, mod 14 or 15?, And when I came back in mod 18. But as a whole, healing felt like it was in a good place. It was active, I was constantly channeling Divinity, positioning, making sure I was buffing and debuffing, healing felt like it meant something. You got a big hit, I could heal everyone in one bastion. You had to prepare for the big hits, load up your buffs and heal on time. You were constantly being proactive as a healer and never did I have a chance to sit there and just hold down my attack at will. And at the end of the day, healing was fun. It worked well on console and felt rewarding.

    Now fast forward to mod 19. Healing got gutted with the outgoing healing nerf and changes. Healing as a DC is still interesting. But it's boring. Bastion is now a wasted skill. Being proactive and making sure you're at full Divinity before you cast your heals, making sure you're getting full stacks by channeling to further boost your heals is gone. Now we are stuck using 1 single skill to heal. A skill that wasn't ever used prior to mod 19 because of its cost to heal ratio.

    Aside from the fact that healing word is a mindless skill to use, you don't have to aim or position. You can just stand there and hit everyone within a 40' radius, give or take maybe more? It's boring. You are left with no real way to heal your group from a big hit. Most good groups shouldn't ever need it, but there's often dungeons that have completely unavoidable mechanics. The most you can do is get ready for that big hit by precasting healing word. Or if it's something that interrupts everyone as well, now you have to spam healing word 3+ times to get everyone back to full.

    Marking group members on console is a complete nightmare. The symbol is too small and is covered up by hp bars always being on. There's nothing noticeable on the group member themselves save for the tiny wings above their heads. No extra symbol that's on their name to the left, no aura or anything around their hp bar, nothing. So half the time I'm trying to move the camera around just to look around their hp bar to see if I actually marked them.

    Point to mark on console is also a horrible idea. I would assume on PC it's far easier to target a specific group member with an F key and just tab mark them to give them the wings. Which is how it seems like it was meant to be used to begin with.

    Now the heal through the mark is good, single target heal wise. It makes sense for it's cast time to warrant it's heal size and is a way to weed out good healers vs mediocre ones. But choosing the feat to make it a group heal is honestly a joke. You literally have to stand on top of each other to get the aoe heal off of it. It would've made much more sense to make the aoe heal coming from the marked player have a radius of about 20-30'. That way you could put it on yourself or even the tank and still make sure that, in most situations, everyone could be healed back to full after a big hit. Then you could continue to be proactively buffing, debuffing and casting other spells. That one change to the way the marked aoe heal works, would make the healing change fun. You could then, essentially, heal entirely through your mark. And then slot other spells to be very proactive during the fights. Imagine being able to have tab/RB/r1 as our only heal. You could now slot any 3 encounters you wanted and not worry about relying on a gimped bastion or a boring healing word. Granted youd still want intercession for that single target oh sh## heal. But you get my point. You would be doing more during every fight and it would be fun.

    Healing as a DC in mod 19 is boring, not rewarding, not engaging, and not fun.

    I like their attempt at changing healing. It looks good on paper. But it doesn't work in it's current form and needs to be changed asap.(on my opinion)

    Thanks for reading and any discussion is welcome.

    Signed

    • Fengorn
    submitted by /u/gr33ngiant
    [link] [comments]

    Other bonding stone spots?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    What are you suppose to put there?

    submitted by /u/WhitneyxFang
    [link] [comments]

    I would looove the Mog/Garyx spawn to be inside a portal and only spawnable for the ones who work for it. So that the campers who doesn't move a finger killing devils/demons are unable to kill these Bosses unless they participate in the killing spree!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Any Tips for healing with a Soulweaver Warlock?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    It seems healers are in shorter supply than normal on PS4 so i started a Soulweaver Warlock yesterday. Im running him as DPS for the moment as im leveling and getting him geared up but ive made him mostly for the healing spec and ill be honest ive NEVER ran a healer toon ever in all my MMORPG history so was looking for some tips and pointers on healing with a SW Lock. Any advice is welcome and appreciated

    submitted by /u/Beyond-the-shado
    [link] [comments]

    Next Gen consoles.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if Neverwinter will be playable on the PS5 when it is released? And if so will our accounts transfer over?

    submitted by /u/Chewy7000
    [link] [comments]

    Cornered by crabs

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Just curious If anyone had organized groups/guild run that completed this before?? Im doing elemental evil on an alt for the boons dn already have quite a bit more powerful gear than I did the first time around on this with my main and it's still a challenge for sure. The boss crab that shows up jusrlt wiped the floor with me XD it really is an OP boss for such a low level area. Props to the dev's that created this content for keeping it somewhat challenging and interesting even to higher level charts with scaling.

    submitted by /u/Pulsatingmaggot666
    [link] [comments]

    Dungeon Master Trophy still obtainable?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    Guys, I need to know if this trophy still obtainable and what dungeons counts towards it.

    submitted by /u/DarlanStephane
    [link] [comments]

    Green Slime Companion Defense Bonus

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Is this still bugged? I read other posts saying it was bugged since Mod 17 and that it didnt give you the +8000 Defense.

    I want to know if its been fixed on PS4. They're worth around 1.3M AD and I wanted to be sure it gave you the +8000 Defense before I spent that much AD on it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Emerrson
    [link] [comments]

    Augment Pets and Me

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    So I got myself a shiny new augment pet After hearing how great they are. Only to find out my stats went way the eff down when I use it. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to do to activate the augment? Or did I just waste my AD? 🤔

    submitted by /u/OkPizza8243
    [link] [comments]

    Affordable companion for drow rogue I’m a level 24 looking for something that can help for a while

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Neverwinter | Revised Roadmap Discussion

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    an alternative to Ebony Stained Robes???

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I read somewhere that Ebony Stained Robe's Butcher's might effecet got nerfed to 5 stacks. Is there any other chest piece that has the same effect that wasnt nerfed for wizards?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/daclubkid
    [link] [comments]

    Unstable runes not dropping in runic corruption for me

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    So I got through the first part of her quest and upgraded the artifact and now she wants me to get a runic etching. I ran my first ME, but Found out I need to get unstable runes to get the runic etching. The unstable runes aren't dropping for me for some reason now, so I can't use a rune in my ME. How do I get that first runic etching? The runic resonator in my item list is not "enhanced" like I've seen some have. Is that why I am not getting the drops? How do I enhance it, if so? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/OkPizza8243
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on the new avenue zariel weekly.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    I completed the campaign and am doing the newest weekly memory. Everything goes fine up until the bosses. The first 2 bosses go down quick but when zariel enters the fight she has a 1 hit ko. It says use the temporary power but when I press X(ps4) the timer counts down from 30 but does nothing. I tried just pushing and holding but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/cactustrav77
    [link] [comments]

    Are my stats good enough for ToMM?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Are my stats good enough for ToMM?

    Apart from my artifacts, are my stats, power/cs/hp good enough for tomm? I want to get my character stats good enough before I put my time into my debuff artifacts. I also have the mad mage set if that is better than the one currently equipped.

    I have 125% crit severity.

    submitted by /u/MyNameIsWozy
    [link] [comments]

    Fighter class or barbarin

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I am using 2 classes but very confused which one i make my main character for high dps Both have dragon born Kindly suggest i come back in game after 1 year both of them are level 70

    submitted by /u/waseemsadiq599
    [link] [comments]

    Best companion for DPS fighter

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Kindly suggest some good companion for dps i am playing fight class as metallic dragon just started after loooong time

    submitted by /u/waseemsadiq599
    [link] [comments]

    Unsealed Fate Quest.....bugged?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    So I received the quest Unsealed Fate where you go to Vallenhas and speak to the Lord, then you get a quest saying to meet Alric at the grave site. I met him and read the inscription on the grave, then the quest line says to meet Alric at the grave. There is no quest dots to follow and he is not at the grave site. There were three other people who were also stuck. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve this issue. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Troyski1973
    [link] [comments]

    Neverwinter is a bad Game for Casual Players

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Why have the last 3 dungeons have been basically impossible for Casual Players to even last a Minute in. You literally have to read guides or watch video's just to learn the Mechanics. Why!!! I've Been a Faithful Neverwinter Player since 2015 but this last Dungeon has put me over the edge. Your game is now a money grab and boring as shit. I would have to dish out Hundreds just to reach the stat caps. That's insane. Then depending on the group we could get one shot in seconds. Why!!!!!! I will wait for my VIP to end then this game is going on the shelf. You lost me.

    submitted by /u/Ghostdog2020
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    im a warlock lv 17 and i was wondering if anyone could help me and maybe trade cuz i have 2 lockboxes nad no keys as im out of pocket money and i would trade them for something or just to help me out with quests

    submitted by /u/DynamicLouis
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a endgame OP healer build

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Trading advice

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Ok so I been doing dungeons and quest when I keep getting lvl 70-80 gear (rings mostly) they get bound to u. Idk if u can trade them or not but since they very useful, what do u think would be great to trade them for since u can't sell them to the trade house

    submitted by /u/Fatan2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment