• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Neverwinter Tiered Scaling

    Neverwinter Tiered Scaling


    Tiered Scaling

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    So I believe in the roadmap there is still one more go for completing the whole scaling piece. I will admit that it has at least improved since it was first introduced. One of the big digs at scaling is the whole why should I progress my character when you keep knocking it down for almost all content. When they first introduced scaling, I thought it was supposed to help with allowing level 80s to do level 70 content, but now with the fact that they scale you even in the most endgame dungeon possible, that is not the case.

    To me, this causes a problem. I have played the game since mod 5 and am currently sitting at 50k + item level. Now, I admit that when I do most group content, I am definitely pulling my weight dps-wise and being a carry (or hdps). So that is nice. But I can see how scaling can upset people, and I am wondering if the devs have ever thought about a tiered scale.

    So lets say you are in a 30k dungeon. Anyone from 30-35k should scale down to 30k, then anyone from 35-40k would scale down to 31k, 40-45k would scale down to 32k and so on and so forth. Now since scaling really only messes with base hp and base damage, it still pairs down your heroes but allows for some satisfaction from your higher geared players as they will have a slightly less chance of dyeing and slightly higher base dps.

    I think that would help. And with that all being said, can we please have a dungeon, not a trial, that does not scale us. That is killing me.

    submitted by /u/IshamelTheRed
    [link] [comments]

    ARE SCALING OR STAT CAPS NEEDED?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Well, title says it all. I've just started playing this game (10-11 days) and i honestly think that system takes the joy out of most players who want to progress. First of all, scaling and caps are no lore friendly. I never saw Bruenor say: "Wow Drizz't you became so powerful so i'm decreasing your speed and setting a cap so new rangers can easily catch up and be just as powerful as you". Jokes aside, there is no logical explanation for setting a cap or scaling stats so players be and feel the same (i know it's kinda new player friendly but it is not). Players don't want to be same. They want to feel different, unique and better than others. If years of grinding, farming, dungeoning wouldn't make a difference, then why would players bother?

    I don't give a damn about new players (i am a new player myself) I know game needs new players to make money but if you lose old players and new players' life span was 2 or 3 months... Game will die eventually. People don't play this game just to get to the end-game fast. We want to improve our characters one step at a time and feel the pleasure of making it happen. Of course, if a player spent years into this game, he should be much more powerful then i am. I have 30k item level already in 10-11 days and if i really try hard, i think i can get to 45-50k in a couple months or maybe less. And then what? What will be my purpose for playing this game? Wait for the next mod? This system gives end game players no purpose and take away new players' ambition to catch up older ones because i know i can catch up in no time.

    If this game had a great pvp system, my whole argument would be invalid. But sadly, there is none. As far as i know, pvp system is also bad.

    I've been playing mmorpg's for like 20 years so please take my words seriously. I know what mmorpg players want. I know what players want. More importantly, i know what people want. Limiting people is never the solution. Give us freedom. Let us go as far as we can go. The only cap should be ourselves (other than in-game items) (or maybe not even that). Listen to your community.

    So, my advices:

    - remove stat caps, balance the game accordingly.

    - remove scaling. if a player was not good enough for an area or a dungeon, he/she should improve his/her character (but not like make it near impossible lol). scaling for some specific events with unique rewards like mounts or companions or titles is fair though. events like that really makes it up for new players.

    - develop a ranking system. oh boy we love rankings. pvp rankings, IL rankings etc.

    - GIVE US PVP! a fun system with unique rewards. a pvp so fun that people should need to decide whether they should do some important dailies/weeklies or just keep pvping. i hope you know what i mean.

    - listen to your community. make a poll before doing major changes.

    that is all i guess. sorry for the bad language. i am not a native speaker obviously lol.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/felasar
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't played since beta. Is there anything I should know?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:26 PM PST

    Last time I played was the early days when foundry was just being patched because of people exploiting it for XP farm, etc. Thinking of trying a cleric since everyone says that's the only class that's always in demand in groups. Any suggestions or tips or things that changed I should really know about?

    submitted by /u/Zeriell
    [link] [comments]

    Greater Companion Experience Treatise

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:57 PM PST

    I just loaded the game up today after 3 years and was told that I could sell these for a good amount on the AH, well turns out I have about 7000 of them and they are worth more than ever right now, I've also been told that next mod I could sell them to a vendor for 50k AD and that way I don't lose any cut to the AH, Is this true and if so where and who is this vendor going to be? Thanks for any help as I can't seem to find anything on this vendor anywhere

    submitted by /u/oldsockdude
    [link] [comments]

    Smart advice for console players

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:20 AM PST

    If you haven't done it yet, get on to Rainer's new character builder...

    Using the character builder will save you in millions of AD from screwing up when the combat changes go live on consoles.

    It took me less than 30mins to figure out how to use it and another 2hrs to optimize a sustainable build for M20.

    Rainer is a legend for this character builder! 😊👍

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwnBKF0xpmQ

    submitted by /u/RudyDawg1980
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any builds out there?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    Can't SAccess Bryn Shander or the River District

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:41 PM PST

    I'm level 80 and can't access Bryn Shander or the River District due to Lord Neverember's questlines not coming up. Any tips on how to make this happen? Sgt. Knox has nothing either.

    submitted by /u/GreyManeOdinson
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Mounts and Companions

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:16 AM PST

    I am new to the game and with the new changes what are the best mounts and Companions to strive for as a melee DPS?

    submitted by /u/-Soulsteal-
    [link] [comments]

    Master svardbord ps4

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:54 PM PST

    Im trying to get the trophy before the combat rework. But how do i access the master version?

    submitted by /u/GloomyNox
    [link] [comments]

    Race questions

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:13 PM PST

    So I am a dps barbarian who's been using Dragonborn race since it came out years ago, but I've read and seen that it's not best to use anymore ? What race is now best in slot for a dps barb? Any help would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/Jackkpott69
    [link] [comments]

    Companion's power not showing

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Companion's power not showing

    Hello there. Returning player here.

    A friend was showing me the new features of companions powers and slots.

    I have the fire Archon that i bought back in the day for 14k AD. But any of my companion's powers enchantments show on the grid list.

    Is it lvl locked or something?

    https://preview.redd.it/yfl2f0i42ce61.png?width=1218&format=png&auto=webp&s=5554834a6021dfd7865816fe789eeae0016e9698

    submitted by /u/Dudamnit
    [link] [comments]

    Barb looking for Guild with Accuracy boon

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:41 AM PST

    TIL of 42k, know all the basics. Been playing for at least 2 years. My guild is pretty much dead. Trying to maximize my stats. Norian@hhss1994. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Hashmarhi
    [link] [comments]

    Companion

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    Is the aphonse knox any good for next mod (player bonus)?

    submitted by /u/Confident-Mouse-3400
    [link] [comments]

    What is Spined Devil companion good for?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:16 AM PST

    I see this comp is 4 mil or so on PC now. Is it good for damage as a summoned comp like Xuna? If so, is it better for AoE or single target?

    Also, is there another companion that's BiS for single target damage just now?

    submitted by /u/neidanman
    [link] [comments]

    2 different patches and they still can't reverse the damage

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:58 PM PST

    I have no words at this point- I'm just... done. They really aren't listening to what people have to say, huh. "GiVe uS fEeDbAcK on tHe pAtCh".

    Sigh

    Us: Can you scale it down this much-> | |? It would make things where they actually need to be. The devs: Like this?-> | | Us: No actually- The devs: Good to hear it. Bye!

    submitted by /u/22GrainsOfRice
    [link] [comments]

    Bonding Runestone Refinement

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Are you still able to refine bonding runestones? Do you advise refining it to higher level before exchanging it? TY

    submitted by /u/nvrwntrben
    [link] [comments]

    Ps tank asking vor advise

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:59 AM PST

    i was playing with rainers char builder. I could do a decent build but im asking me if its enaugh to run tomm with.

    could some tanks of u post ur stats which u have done tomm already?

    thy a lot

    submitted by /u/Professional_Law9738
    [link] [comments]

    Is the population decent on ps?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:28 AM PST

    I've been trying a bunch of mmos to scratch the itch lately and nothing's hitting, thinking of giving this a go, but is it too late into its life to start fresh?

    submitted by /u/EshayAdlay420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment