• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Neverwinter Having high rank enchantments doesn't feel rewarding at all

    Neverwinter Having high rank enchantments doesn't feel rewarding at all


    Having high rank enchantments doesn't feel rewarding at all

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    Upgrading enchantments to the maximum level takes a ton of ressources so it should feel rewarding. But with the new system the stats only have a really small impact. I don't have full rank 15 enchantments yet but I can already see that it won't matter much at all if I upgrade the remaining ones to rank 15.

    I tried to test the impact that enchantments have today by removing all of my enchantments from my gear (not the runestones). Here is how my stats changed:

    • Power: -1.4%
    • Accuracy: -0.2%
    • Combat Adv.: -0.1%
    • Crit Strike: -0.3%
    • Crit. Sev.: +0.3%
    • Defense: -0.8%
    • Awareness: +0.4%
    • Crit. Avoidance: +0.4%
    • Deflect: +0.4%
    • Deflect Severity: +0.4%
    • Forte -1.1%
    • Control Bonus: +0.4%
    • Control Resist: +0.4%
    • Incoming Healing: +0.4%
    • Outgoing Healing: +0.4%

    Not counting forte because it's already included in the other stats removing all enchantments actually improves my stats by 0.7%. As a rogue some of the stats like outgoing healing or control bonus are pretty useless for me but even when not counting those removing all enchantments means I only lost 0.1% of stats that are useful or somewhat useful.

    But what about the damage? My damage went from 5740 to 5368 because I lost 3100 ilvl. That seems like a lot and it is but it doesn't matter most of the time. Because of the great scaling system that caps the item level in most dungeons or trials it doesn't matter if I remove enchantments as long as I am over the item level to which the dungeon is scaled. At the moment it's 24k for most epic dungeons and trials, 30k for Demogorgon, CR and LOMM and 40k for TIC. The only unscaled content at the moment is Zariel and TOMM and the regular overworld. And because the majority of the playerbase doesn't run zariel or TOMM regularly even before the update and probably even less now it only matters for them in regular content, where a couple hundred damage more or less hardly makes a difference.

    So if you're thinking about where to spend your ad look anywhere else besides your enchantments. You can get a complete set of rank 9 enchantments for <200k ad and gettint a set of rank 15 ones instead would probably cost 30-40 Million AD. Use the money instead to upgrade companions and mounts.

    Some suggestions I have to make enchantments feel useful again:

    • Let all enchantments have ilvl=combined rating. That way increasing any enchantment wont lower most of your stats and instead increase 1 to 3 stats by a little bit.
    • Make enchantments similar to armor kits have 0 item level or combined rating and maybe increase their stats a bit. That way balancing stats becomes easier.
    • Add more unscaled content so that having the extra ilvl actually matters
    submitted by /u/Mriamsosmrt
    [link] [comments]

    I'll check back in a few months

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:36 PM PST

    I'll continue to log in each evening to get my VIP key until it runs out. Then I'll log off. The game is unplayable. A simple daily at level 80 and I'm dying to trash mobs. No, that's not fun. Undermountain? Forget it. The damn crabs chase me out of there.

    "Get good!" you say. I've been playing since 2016. I solo, have my own guild with just me in it. I play alone and used to have a great time. Not anymore. Cryptic doesn't want players like me, so be it. They won't get my cash either.

    So, I'll check back in a few months. Meanwhile, back to WoW-Mania.

    submitted by /u/Marsman61
    [link] [comments]

    One good thing about the combat/scaling changes: Arcane Reservoir

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:19 AM PST

    When I run the Sharandar weekly Arcane Reservoir quest, I usually set myself a challenge to see how many reservoir guards I can keep alive with me until the end. The elf guards get one-shot by the mobs in the reservoir so keeping them alive was a challenge. I can generally get three guards to the end but have managed to save all four guards a couple of times. Saving that one melee guard at the start is really hard.

    Today was my first run of the reservoir after the combat changes and I was surprised to find that the guards are now tanky enough to survive fighting the mobs. It was great fun to run through the reservoir with my little army of elf guards.

    I am glad I got to enjoy this before the old Sharandar campaign disappears.

    submitted by /u/StarReaver
    [link] [comments]

    Time to be heard....

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Tomorrow Cryptic is doing their Twitch Stream and it's time for all of us to vent our frustration with them during the stream.

    submitted by /u/RudyDawg1980
    [link] [comments]

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11483493

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:49 PM PST

    So how do I use retraining tokens? Do I talk to someone specific?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:31 PM PST

    New toon in this troublesome time...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:27 PM PST

    After I switched to PC I left the game completely but I've tried to stay away long enough and now my Neverwinter itch is too strong...

    With the changes official on PC (where I am), what toon shall I commit to? What's actually changed?

    submitted by /u/WhiskeyNovemberSix
    [link] [comments]

    Elemental Weapons - Replaced them after destroyed

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:42 PM PST

    Look like elemental weapons are becoming popular again especially Drowned Weapons Set to to the 50% heal when strucked.

    If you destroyed them years ago, and quest not available in PE. Is there way to get them beside buying Artifact Weapon Choice Pack???

    submitted by /u/LuvDancing
    [link] [comments]

    MODULE 20 REWARDS ADJUSTMENTS? Good or meh?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:10 AM PST

    As you may heard or seen on forums the team is planning to change the bonuses on the latest pieces that will come up in mod 20 including the traditional head, arms, armor, boots pieces along with two new artifact sets which will have the proposed bonuses:

    Gear
    The Forest Guardian equipment has had a level increase to 1500 and some rating adjustments.

    The Collections entries for these items should change as soon as we get our next few Preview builds in, so feel free to check them out!
    For brevity, these are the bonuses that are on the Forest Guardian pieces:

    Head: Fey Hunter: +5% Damage in all of Sharandar.
    Body: Leader's Awareness: Gain 1500 Awareness for each player in your team.
    Arms: Death Defier's Accuracy: Gain 500 Accuracy for each Enemy you are engaged in.
    Feet: Charged Mastery: When your Stamina is over 75%, your Combat Advantage is increased by 7500.

    Artifacts
    Sparkling Fey Emblem now grants the following at the maximum rank:
    - Sparkling Fey Emblem artifact now grants a portion of its Item Level to Forte, instead of Power.
    - Allies gain 5% Defense and 5% Critical Avoidance.
    - Foes will take 5% more damage.
    - The Set bonus is now "Trickster's Gift": Gain up to 10% additional damage or healing based on the difference between the hit point percentage between the player and the target.

    The Refulgent Diamond Pin now grants the following at the maximum rank:
    - Decreases damage enemies deal by 5% for 15 seconds.
    - Combat Advantage gain has been increased to 7.5%.
    - The Set bonus is now "Dashing Decoy": When you stand still for 3 seconds, you take 5% less damage and your Awareness is increased by 5%. You also generate additional threat by 10%.

    They are looking to make some changes based on our feedback. Now I don't know how much it can be done in those two weeks we have left until mod 20 hits the live but would be cool to let them know how they can improve the bonuses. But before that I would like to tell you that before you get excited about Sparkling set bonus is that this bonus won`t outperform other sets but it may be a viable choice in AOE for dps and an alternative for healers to tiamant set in endgame content. Diamond set seems pretty cool for tanks though.

    An youtuber have posted one day ago a video where he presents some future changes, that Cris Whiteside, the executive lead producer of Neverwinter have been discussed privately with few people. I don`t know the reason behind this kind of "private information leak" only for few people but I definitely don`t like for the simple fact that those people may take advantage of this information and manipulate it so the company will look good. I think those types of statements should be made public my the officials before any other partners. Skipping to the subject, one of those informations were about some future gear bonuses having a particular bonus setup based on each paragon (dps/tank/healer). As we can see above this scenario seems to be applied for artifacts sets but not for head, body, arms, feet.

    My proposal for the Forest Guardian set bonuses (the two of them) were the following:

    Forest Guardian set 1 bonus: (designed for dps)
    Increase your damage by 1,25%
    Increase your damage rezistence by 1,25%

    This bonus applies only in Sharandar and it may stack
    up to 4 times depending on how many pieces of this
    set you have equiped.

    Forest Guardian set 2 bonus: (designed for tanks/healers)
    Increase your damage rezistence by 1,25%
    Increase your incoming/outgoing healing by 1,25%

    This bonus applies only in Sharandar and it may stack
    up to 4 times depending on how many pieces of this
    set you have equiped.

    For helm the bonus I would see: When you hit your target or being hit by the target for 10%
    of your total Hit points your accuracy and awarness is increased by 1.25%. Stack up to 4 times.

    For arms the bonus I would see: Your power is increased by 1% This bonus may stack up to 5%
    based on how many players you have in your team.

    For armor the bonus I would see: When you hit your target or being hit by the target for 5%
    of your total Hit points your critical strike and critical severity is increased by 1%. Stack up to 3 times.
    Additionally when your enemy applies a slow effect to you, your movement speed is increased by 15% for 4s.

    For boots the bonus seems just fine.

    Let me know what do you think in the comments down bellow and feel free to post your feedback and thoughts in the related forum topic:

    Click here to see the topic!

    submitted by /u/Platinumnw
    [link] [comments]

    Radiant Enchantment dead?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:07 AM PST

    So with the combat changes stacking power is no longer needed, which for a dps makes radiant enchantment useless in most cases. So I thought my tank would still benefit from these, but lol and behold, they now only give 1.200 hp. I know I can exchange them to others - but they will be account bound so next time the F... the game up, then what?

    Are you guys keeping your radiant enchantments or waiting to see if they fix it?

    submitted by /u/Tight_Possibility
    [link] [comments]

    How new scaling will affect progression in Neverwinter

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:20 AM PST

    I have always been vocal about things I don`t like, vocal about things I have experienced over and over again, which I have to struggle, accept and move on just for the sake of what Neverwinter represented to me. Everything have a limit and even if I am a strong person and I can endure more I choose to speak loudly about my feelings now. It is about the time and effort I have but in this game trying to enjoy it even if it wasn`t in the greatest form or far from that. I can no longer accept the fact that this developement team defyes the overwhelming amount of negative feedback on their product, trying to promote something they consider as being the right way to do develop things. I do perfectly understand the fact that this game it is just a business and needs to generate revenue but when you don`t care about your actual customers and only about the new ones, this is a behaivor that should be stoped. The presented solutions of the new scaling system are meant to target the new players and make them spend money under the impression of progression but the sad truth is that they will notice later on there is no real progression left in the actual form of the game due to the scaling system, that was originally designed to give a better and accurate situation of your character in scaled content. In reality what this sistem does is to scale you in 98% of the game content and make your toon equal to anyone that have the item level closer to the minimum required by the content he wants to play. As an example Infernal Citadel which is the latest dungeon (we are not talking about trials yet) in the game where you can have similar performance if you make good choices in early character building, as someone with same class, similar build but much higher item level. To be more specific you can perform with a 30k character, as someone with 54k character who spent with 100millions AD more on enchantments, insignias, collars, mounts and companions boolster, without having a real impact of the performance in this scaled content. Scaling will raise here few concerns as I would like to present to you in this topic.

    In first of all the fact that no one smart enough won`t make future investitions in their avatars trying to get higher item level without a real gain in performance, in scaled content which is by the way applied in 98% of the game content as I mentioned above. I am saying that because the cost of every single thing in this game is not small and when you will compare those prices with the gain you will notice it doesn`t simply worth the investition. I can choose to not use any of my 18 slotted enchantments and lose nothing in scaled content. And unfortunately for me I have spent over 36millions of AD to get those (estimative price at 2million on average each).

    The second problem of the scaling system is that it doesn`t give you better rewards, but instead it takes longer to complete the desired content because your performance here is capped due to the scaling. Now again, if I meet the minimum item level requested there is no point in trying to gain more than that. (Item level will only allow you to acces future content without giving you a better performance). So everything becomes liniar and you will be trapped on this stupid path like a hamster
    is trapped on a wheel trying to go higher but he can`t, because wheel spins and he will land in the intitial point. In one world it eliminates progression.

    I do like and understand the fact that there should be some kind of difficulty no matter with content you are playing but I fail to understand why there is no real difference in terms of performance between someone who have item level 54k and another person with 30k playing the same class, having the same combat style and using the same core build. This problem alone doesn t give anyone incentive to go back and redo any of the older content in a competitive maneer because will have this stupid feeling. When I choose to invest and get everything maxed out I did it to be able to run any content faster. It may sound unfair for new players or undergeared players, but this is a problem that developement team should ve been adressed in the past, making different tiers for each dungeons and allow us to choose which one to play in regard to our item level and difficulty we may want to experience.

    I don`t find the actual solution for the scaling healty for actual players who spent a fortune for performance and it is not good for future of the game. People will slowly realize that hey were fooled and their investitions were canceled in 98% of the game content and everything they can do is repeat the same content over and over, hope to drop something and use or sell to buy what? Fashion? Would be cool. But this is another topic I would like to talk about another time. Doesn`t matter how they will develop future things because I live in present and present it is not in the right place. Everyone lost even if they want to accept it or not, even if they decide to believe me or not. If you can live with this I have nothing to say to you but sorry. This is just my opinion and my personal experience with this change.

    submitted by /u/Platinumnw
    [link] [comments]

    How to get to Barovia

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    I'm a relatively new player but I wanted to find Barovia so that I could participate in the Harvester of Nightmares event.

    I searched high and low to find out how to get there and everything said to reach level 70 and talk to Lord Neverember, which I did, but still couldn't find the introductory quest: Unwelcome Guests, that starts you on the path to Barovia.

    Well I finally figured out that you have to open your Campaigns and then start the legacy campaign Ravenloft to get the quest to travel to Wyndrake Manor and then by continuing on this quest path you can get to Barovia.

    Since I didn't see this explicitly written out anywhere, thought I would share in case other noob players are struggling!

    submitted by /u/trippykittie
    [link] [comments]

    PC Auction House Prices

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:34 PM PST

    PC players, what is happening in the auction house since the combat changes?

    I assume with many players now becoming AD rich, the prices are skyrocketing.

    I play on PS4 and at first glance getting over 2M astrals for each of my R15 bondings seems like a fairly good deal, but if AD value plummets, maybe its better to take the enchantment choice packs.

    As a third option, maybe I should take the AD and just bank it for a few months until prices drop again... if they even do.

    I know its early days but how is it looking on PC so far?

    submitted by /u/FingersPalmc8ck
    [link] [comments]

    Combat Rework 2.0: Offense Stats Priority for DPS ?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:16 AM PST

    Hello,

    As most of us, i´m still struggling for balance stats for new system. My main is a TR which i had capped Arpen, Critical, Accuracy, Combat Advantage, and had around 220k Power.

    Now, I had to lower my Power to reach 90%, but what about the rest ? Which other offensive stat is priority ? Accuracy ? Critical ? Combat Advantage or Critical Severity ?

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/_Zkyz_
    [link] [comments]

    Help for healer Mod20

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:50 AM PST

    Hello, I did some tests for my healer and it really is more difficult to heal in this new update game currently of DC TIL = 46k, output healing = 90% and the fights take a long time mainly in more difficult DG and the damage caused is very high. What to do initially to improve my healing.

    submitted by /u/Foaus
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:32 AM PST

    What title unlock when complete first tomm ?

    submitted by /u/Deezerm10
    [link] [comments]

    Xuna and chicken

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:03 AM PST

    Are xuna and abyssal chicken still top dps after combat changes? Nothing is more fun than getting out damaged by a companion alone and not skills lol.

    submitted by /u/HollowGod7
    [link] [comments]

    Companion Upgrade?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:54 AM PST

    How to upgrade my chosen companion after they reached their maximum training?

    submitted by /u/Speedyworm
    [link] [comments]

    Companion upgrade cost

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:41 AM PST

    I've just signed up to ask this. I'm on ps4 so have a bit of time to get ready fr all the changes being dropped on us. Since upgrading comps is going to be a huge part of the new system, I was wondering what the costs are?

    Currently you can upgrade to legendary with either tokens or ad. Are they keeping that, or is it switching to purely tokens? And, most importantlu, how many tokens does it cost to go from legendary to mythic?

    To be honest, I'm really not looking forward to getting the changes on console, but anything I can do to make it vaguely playable seems like it'd be a good idea.

    submitted by /u/ToadimusPrime
    [link] [comments]

    Player stats question

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:53 AM PST

    Hello there.

    Setting emotions aside, i''m trying to figure out my goals in game under new system. I'm fairly new player and haven't tried to get into stat mechanics prior to patch, but past two days show me that even moderate casual play now requires some optimization. And so i have question:

    Stats tooltip now shows two lines "Rating contribution" and "Other contribution". From what i read, stat percentage cap now is 90% and Rating contribution can score 50% max, with Other contribution used to add another 40%. Question is: what are those Other contributions and how it is possible to get 40% in multiple stats, with all known to me sources (aka boons and companion equip powers) being 0.25-0.75%?

    Sorry if question sounds stupid, i was not planning to put my head into game numbers prior to patch, but now it looks like i have to :(

    submitted by /u/Snookie_UA
    [link] [comments]

    NEED HELP GETTING A GROUP TOGETHER FOR TOMM

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:18 AM PST

    So a few guild members and myself are definitely ready for ToMM but we struggle to get a group together to actually run the trial. I currently have 5 completions thanks to a couple friends I've made along the in game but now that I have all the t3 gear upgraded and the proper undermountain armor with stats capped I find myself still not being picked up for ToMM. Ive heard all kinds of reasons ranging from they would rather run zariel to the fact that I play as a wizard. However, the number 1 thing I hear as the reason why we don't get picked up is because we don't have our lionheart weaponset.. but how are we ever going to get the set when we never can get a full group to run it but maybe once in a blue moon.. I love my guild and our alliance. Wonderful people and excellent teammates, but I feel awful asking them to stop running zariel to help us get or sets when I know they too are just trying to get their celestial set before the change happens. I know people have lives outside of the game and time is precious in these remaining days before the rework so I have stopped asking the people who have ran it with us before. They're my friends and at this point i just feel like a bother. It almost makes the game feel really stagnate as if there is some wall preventing me from feeling any sense of accomplishment at this point whenever I play and i know I'm not the only one out there. My guildmates and myself would really like to get our weapon sets before the combat changes are made. so if anyone out there that plays on ps4 and is willing to help us out (even if it is one at a time) we would greatly appreciate it. It would change the whole dynamic of the game for myself and would also help me and a Couple guildmates help others that are in our situation. I think everyone should be able to experience the game in its entirety and with another mod coming out that can potentially make things even harder for us id hate to start off mod 20 two trials behind when my stats and equipment are ready and the only thing holding me/us back is not being able to get a group together to run it.

    Thank you for your time and any/all help is welcomed

    submitted by /u/BlindTaco-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment