• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 13, 2021

    Neverwinter When the game becomes Pay 2 Win... (Eladrin companion : 50% damage resistance against Feys and Trolls)

    Neverwinter When the game becomes Pay 2 Win... (Eladrin companion : 50% damage resistance against Feys and Trolls)


    When the game becomes Pay 2 Win... (Eladrin companion : 50% damage resistance against Feys and Trolls)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 03:56 PM PST

    There's a new pack available on PC : https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482873-expedition-pack-of-fairy-finds%21

    Among the nice stuff (which is usually nice to boost your progression, and with cool mounts or companions), there's the Eladrin, a companion, that is NOT account-wide, that boosts damage resistance by 50% against Feys and Trolls.

    I hope that's a typo. Because that's totally insane. Even if we assume it stacks with Defense rather than simply halving all the damage you'll take, it still means you'll be able to take about 33% more damage from Feys and Trolls (100% more if it's not tied to Defense). It's totally broken.

    Yes, it's niche, and we don't know exactly how important damage mitigation will be in content with Feys and Trolls... But it's way too powerful for what it should be.

    The direction of the game has been a total disaster since mod 19. I was hoping for mod 20 to be better, but everything I read about it, or test on Preview, so far frightens me... I now have absolutely lost any kind of trust I had towards the game.

    There's still time for changes, but the way things are presented right now, it sounds like they want to kill their own game. Well, there's almost no point playing the new mod for veterans anyway since the new items are the same we already have and 400 TIL make basically no difference, apart from lowering main stat percentages...

    By the way, the Butterfly Wings do not have a Combat Power on the Preview screen on PC... And the enchantment shown on the post is rank 12 while it's rank 9 on the pack in the Zen Market... When not a single thing is done properly...

    I know it's tough to make a game, but it's often best to take time to design stuff properly before rushing the implementation (especially when you decide to change everything in the game...). The way things are now is not acceptable. It's been shown many many times in the game industry that a bit of delay is much better than a rushed game that will destroy your company reputation. I really really hope things will be fixed by next month.

    PS : I added the Butterfly Wings to my website. If anyone can find out the Combat Power they have...

    submitted by /u/Obikin89
    [link] [comments]

    What to Get from Old Sharandar (Before It's Too Late)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:52 AM PST

    What to Get from Old Sharandar (Before It's Too Late)

    With Old Sharandar going away, are there any things we really MUST get from there before it's too late? It's been a LONG time since I finished that campaign, so I've got all the "new player" stuff. But, as a Veteran, what might I regret not snagging from there?

    ----------

    By the way, without any explanation as to WHY they're removing content (!) from the game, I'm totally baffled by this decision. Old Sharandar is a fun campaign with a unique setting. Oh, sure, perhaps not as unique once Mod 20 comes out, but I liked the "hub & 3 spokes" approach. There are a zillion quests. There are mini-dungeons. There's a Legacy quest that takes us there. There's a weekly mini-dungeon from the hub to gain a little AD. They seem to have squashed out all the bugs there. Why in the world would they take all of that away? (And start charging us AD for the extra chest keys for MoH & MC?! And what about Stronghold benefits?) What are they thinking?!

    ---------

    EDIT: Well, I guess in answer to my own question... and with lots of advice from others (THANKS!)... I emptied out currency for Elixirs of Heroism. I was lucky enough to snag the Redcap boots (for GWFs Barbarians) on the first go through Witch Fen, and I already had the 2 weapons & a hat it seems. (Ooo! Perhaps I'll begin Mod 20 dressed as a Redcap in Honor Mourning of the Old Sharandar...).

    A Redcap Barbarian bidding farewell to Old Sharandar

    submitted by /u/DocSc00teR
    [link] [comments]

    The old sharandar campaign and area will be removed from the game

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:16 AM PST

    Sanctum -Playstation's friendliest cult- is recruiting!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 12:41 PM PST

    Do you seek happiness? Inner peace? Meaning in life? Well, we can't help you there, but we can offer you a spot in our awesome cult- I mean, guild!

    Guild: Sanctum - GH 20 on Playstation

    Rank 10 boons: Hit Points, Res Sickness, Crit Severity, Power and more. Treasure Hunter boon available in side guild. Rank 10 Marketplace. We are planning to remove the Power boon to make room for the Stable for Mount Speed, Defense, Arpen (to be Crit in combat rework).

    Alliance: One of a Kind Very active, end game alliance

    Activities: Influence Runs, Marauders, Dungeon runs, Randoms, Discord giveaways, Raffles, Alliance ToMM groups, Zariel training (must meet specific requirements), etc.

    Requirements: We want social players: Talk! Join the discord! Interact with your fellow man/woman!

    Must be level 80 Also, don't be a jerk.

    PROS OF JOINING SANCTUM:

    • Maxed PvE boons
    • Tight-knit guild
    • Active, helpful alliance
    • Active Discord
    • Guild name that's not stupid or pretentious
    • No insane joining requirementsexcept 2Mil AD and your first born child

    CONS OF JOINING SANCTUM:

    • Occasionally stupid inside jokes that you'll have to put up with.
    • No health insurance or dental plan.

    FAQ:

    • This is amazing! How do I join?

    Look up "Sanctum" in the Find a Guild menu in game. If you can't find it, send divisionofzero a PSN message requesting to join or send a direct message here. Make sure you say a bit about yourself in your message.

    • What is discord? How can I access it?

    Discord is what we use to chat, coordinate runs, discuss builds and upcoming mods. This can be accessed via a web browser or downloaded as an app on your smartphone. We will give you our discord code once you join the guild.

    • I don't meet your level requirements, can I join?

    Exceptions might be made if you're close or a support class on a case by case basis. Message me here with your build and a bit about your gear.

    submitted by /u/theBleedingHeart
    [link] [comments]

    Fresh level 80 cleric... Well fresh all together

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:34 PM PST

    So this is my first level 80. I kinda rushed getting here but I wanted to catch up to a few friends that have been playing for a few months so i just followed the quests to get to 80. The question i'm seeking isn't a "what do I do now" but rather what resources does everyone use online? are there things like trackers for world boss spawns? favorite youtube creators for guides and information? Pretty much the stuff you wish had been around or you had wished you knew existed when you got to 80 for the first time. I appreciate everyone's time!

    submitted by /u/NixValley
    [link] [comments]

    Lockboxes

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:45 PM PST

    What all boxes are available in Xbox? Girlfriend loves the game and wants the lion from the firemane box but I don't think it's available

    submitted by /u/carny2006
    [link] [comments]

    Hunting Hawk - Companion

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:24 PM PST

    I picked up a Hunting Hawk companion the other day and was pleasantly surprised they are around $3m AD on the PC AH. When I look at the equip power I was surprised that I hadn't heard more about it given that legendary it will increase ranged smf by 8%.

    Is just not widely known or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Stabby-Pokey
    [link] [comments]

    Why Neverwinter Is Re-Designing Sharandar - An Interview

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:38 PM PST

    Old Sharandar vs New Sharandar | 5 Things You NEED To Know!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:51 PM PST

    Demon wings and shadow barkshield

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:11 PM PST

    Just leaving this here to let the dev's know if this is something anyone else wants to see since the community and dev's alike have taken a liking to alternative style enchantments and wings. I would love to see a set of demon wings much like the seductive top that flap as they did when it was first introduced on clerics and can be used in conjunction with morlanths shroud.

    I would also love to see a variant barkshield that is similar in aesthetic to valindras shards that surround her in the boss battle for valindras tower.

    Like if you agree!! :)

    submitted by /u/Pulsatingmaggot666
    [link] [comments]

    Batiri

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Hello,

    Today i purchased the batiri but i have no idea what to do with it beceause it was cheap on the action house and i bought for like 700k and i see alot of people using it in tomm as a summond companion which i dont understand becease what i see is that the player bonus seem realy good but other then that i dont see any use of it can some 1 explain too me how i use the batiri and what too do with it as a barb

    Tyvm

    submitted by /u/Confident-Mouse-3400
    [link] [comments]

    How to farm zariels favor

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 12:39 PM PST

    What's the best and most efficient way to farm zariels favor so I can get my blessed weapons set?

    submitted by /u/TarrasqueTakedown
    [link] [comments]

    Pondering what to do in Mod 20

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 12:26 PM PST

    So I know I will have roughly 6 mil AD bonus from my bonding trade ins and I was wondering what I should be thinking about buying when mod 20 drops. Currently I'm a TR dps and dont yet have indomitables, so probably looking at either a set of 3 indomitables and lliiras bell(unfortunately didnt get one for my main during winter fest) with a few comp tokens to up my bolster with hopefully a couple mythics. Also looking at a 3rd account mount(have KoS and Bear) possibly a swarm, or a maxed out armor / weapon enchant since I probably need to replace both my shadowclad and vorpal tbh. What's everyone's thoughts and opinions??

    submitted by /u/Pulsatingmaggot666
    [link] [comments]

    For a new player what would be the best profession to start off with? Ty

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:13 AM PST

    Let’s make a tips/need to know’s for beginners post together!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 11:23 AM PST

    Hey! I'm a "new" player, as in I've played a lot of MMOs earlier but not NW. I'm currently lvl 23 with my first character, a barbarian. I'm searching far and wide for thing I should know about starting up in NW, so I thought, maybe you guys can help me out? Also this post could be good for other newcomers. Please tell me tips and need to knows, in comments. If there's anything specific to your platform (PC, console) and that it's specific for that platform.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/KingOfSwahili
    [link] [comments]

    Hunt Newbie

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 11:18 AM PST

    Dont really understand how hunts work in Avernus but understand they're a good way to earn favor and always see people looking for groups.

    Could someone pretend I'm a complete idiot and break down the gist of how these work if I want to join a group? Whats the procedure, and whats do I need?

    Also, what's the drop rate on gore covered chains? Feel like I've killed 15 manes and not had them drop once to complete the 'beginning the hunt' mission.

    submitted by /u/SparklyBoat
    [link] [comments]

    TOMM and stats

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Hello,

    I read that for TOMM you need 400k HP and Defense 80k. If I have 90k in Defense can I lower the HP?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TMP1980
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find the Storyteller's journals?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:12 AM PST

    Hi! A fresh level 80 here and I was looking in tank builds for paladins and some of the artifacts recommended for me was the storyteller's journal (frozen, flayed and darkened) I look on the auction house and found nothing. The only I found was the envenomed one.

    Is there any other way of getting them?

    submitted by /u/YahYeet184
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer boe between characters

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:17 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    Have a quick question, hope someone will have the answer.

    If I start the Sharandar campaign on my rogue, will I be able to buy the barbarian weapon and mail it to my barbarian? Or should I do Sharandar on my barbarian if I want the weapon? The item is listed as bind on equip, but I am unsure if we have the option to browse and buy other classes equipment for this very reason?

    submitted by /u/Gethun_Gagap
    [link] [comments]

    is there any way to farm secondary artifacts

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 12:21 AM PST

    im 23k ilvl and im still using the undermountain artifacts, i havent come across a single other one yet, as a free player is there any way farm for them or obtain them?

    submitted by /u/nekos95
    [link] [comments]

    Dark tidings need help

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:54 AM PST

    Alright so before starting jungle of chult I need to complete the dark tidings quest I have the quest and have investigates helms hold cathedral the last objective on the quest is to talk to tristopher chettlebell I've looked up his local but can't find him in protectors and can't talk to him at the graveyard what am I missing here/what do I need to do?

    submitted by /u/Mynameismorson
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter what launcher you use?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:04 AM PST

    Whether you use the native launcher, the Steam launcher, or the Epic launcher, does everybody still end up in the same place? Or does each one of these venues have their own population siloed away from the others?

    submitted by /u/rocket__appliance
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment