• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Neverwinter I did a 3-rune Master Expedition last night

    Neverwinter I did a 3-rune Master Expedition last night


    I did a 3-rune Master Expedition last night

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:16 PM PST

    ... And it took my friend and I at least 3 hours of pain and suffering.

    That night, my usual plans had been cancelled. I usually have a friend over, and we'd hang out, get some food, watch some stuff on Netflix. Plans changed, and I instead went out on the town nearby. Got a gyro platter at a place I'd been meaning to visit, and checked out the local theater for showtimes. Saw a flier on the wall of a restaurant for some kind of mini EDM rave that night. I decided I had three options:

    1. See Star Wars at 22:00 after watching Witcher with my cat
    2. Watch Witcher with the cat, and head out to that mini rave at some point (no time was listed on the flyer)
    3. See if anyone wanted to run Tiamat with me

    I posted in Discord to see who was up for #3. By the time I'd eaten my ice cream and gotten home, some people were interested in playing, but they have lower level characters. A group of us got together to co-op with the newbies, and we started doing some stuff in Neverdeath to help them along. The time is now 21:00.

    People filter out, and then it's just the two of us who are at level 80. We were a Barbarian and Cleric, both with acceptable-but-not-great iLvl. We'd completed a 1-rune run earlier that night, since we'd just gotten around to beating things up in the Runic Corruption areas, as we wanted to finish those quests.

    It's about 00:00. 0-rune runs had taken 30m on the longer side, and 1-rune took maybe 45m. 1-rune wasn't as big of a cakewalk, but was 100% manageable for us if we paced ourselves, and we thought we could manage a little more. We queue up for the second daily ME together. Cleric had been given party leader.

    We put up a rune, and I'm thinking it's doable. I'm a bit tired, and not paying the most attention. We talk about adding a second, and it goes up. I say we shouldn't do a third, and the cleric starts giggling. It was already up before I'd finished speaking - This was the beginning of the end.

    Our first encounter: 3 drakes, and a Rage Drake. We dropped down into a hallway, and I get blasted by a magic trap. I start to say, "Hold on, what's this debuff?", and before the words leave my lips, the cleric has triggered all of the enemies.

    We each go down several times, as we're not used to enemies being this big and beefy. It takes us a few minutes to get into the habit of focusing damage on single targets, as we're both internally (and sometimes externally) screaming. AT some point, weird red ghosts show up and harass us, but we have no idea why.

    We're getting our asses handed to us. We go down a few times, but we're clawing our way through the rest of the dungeon. We make incredibly slow progress, as we keep getting blasted by the magical trap runes, and we try to wait off the worst ones.

    We eventually get to the second leg of the ME, a cavern-y place we'd seen before with multiple paths from the start. We went to the right, and found a Rage Drake, Guard Drake, and two little ones. We start trying to plan what targets to prioritize, and then the Cleric screams. There were now 3 drakes on top of them.

    We get thrown off balance, and have a hard time. Being stuck in a bottleneck, and trying to avoid taking hits for ~20% of my health at a time, I sprint around the enemies a bit, and end up going deeper into the room by about 20 meters. This was a big mistake. Not due to enemies, but because there was a trap rune right along the path I'd ended up going: Creeping Death. We were up and down a few times, but Creeping Death on me pretty much ended exploring in that direction.

    We were too deep to back out of this.

    We set off to clear some of the rest of the caverns, getting dogged by the weird Runic Specters. We thought they were being randomly summoned, but it took a few smaller encounters to see they were randomly spawned from killing other enemies. Not fun, but at least we knew where they were coming from.

    We then found our way to the locked gate. There were some groups of enemies in the caves before it, but we'd slipped by. I try to peek for a relic in a certain spot, and see another set of enemies nearby. Not good to engage, as they're close to the other pack of 4. The Cleric tries to peek at them as well, but I get hit with another Rune Trap. No idea what it was, but it almost got us noticed. I sprint on out, but someone's companion got too close.

    That pack of Kobolds was actually 5 in number, including some casters we hadn't had to face yet, who had big fiery cone AOEs. Really annoying, but even worse was that the other 4~5 kobolds we tried to avoid streamed on into the fight.

    Again, we went down several times. Many Stones of Health used, several Scrolls of Mass Life (I'd gotten them from the Winter event boxes). We're still not making any big progress, as Runic Specters have replaced several of the smaller kobolds we killed. We adjust our plan to try and conserve our consumables, and decide to run back to the bonfire to try and break the enemy tether.

    That didn't work.

    When we got there, the specters came in first, with the kobolds in a second wave. The tiny room could barely contain all of the AOE markers from the kobolds, and the specters would repeatedly whack me with an attack that did probably 30% of my HP at once. Our new strategy was to not bother rezzing, and to instead Release to the adjacent bonfire.

    After what felt like an eternity, which was probably 15 hellish minutes of getting popped off while trying to use any AOE possible, it "worked". We were "alive": https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618624617359343667/658225036716408842/unknown.png

    We sit at the fire and rest the injuries off, getting up for snacks and refreshments. Seeing that my clock said "Sunday", I thought about taking the next day off from work to finish this run. I don't work on Sundays. I have the next 2 weeks off from work for the holidays. My thoughts are clearly clouded. I take some time to remote-craft some more potions, as I'd depleted my previously-adequate stocks.

    The boss behind the locked gate was incredibly easy compared to what we'd been through, despite spawning a Runic Specter after he went down. The next leg of the ME was relatively short, and we used our same "pro" strat to avoid wasting our consumables. Not ideal, but we pushed through to the final gate.

    It was a Manticore. Some weird unpronounceable name.

    This guy made us wish we had a ranged DPS. His AOE attacks would whack us for most of our health, and the lingering poison would finish us off if we didn't use a Stone of Health. We both went down several times, juggling between rezzing each other, and Releasing while the other sat around long enough for us to get back into the room. Multiple Scrolls of Mass Life were used before he'd been taken down to even half of his health.

    Midway through the fight, I was struggling. It was getting harder to keep sprinting out of his big cone attacks, as I kept running out of Stamina. I then noticed the Rune Banes Active:

    1. Stamina regen reduced
    2. Stamina regen reduced

    Fuck. This is why I'm dying so much.

    We keep pushing, burning whatever consumables we can to stay alive. We keep dying, and delaying until we have both of us back in the arena. We keep chipping at this Manticore's massive health bar, pixels at a time. Over and over. And then some more. My cat had come to visit during the fight several times, climbing onto my lap. He isn't allowed on the desk while I'm gaming, and wrangling him away from the desk and my snacks was another added element of difficulty in the fight. He got me killed at least once. He's cute, but damn, it isn't fun to one-hand try and dodge attacks while holding a squirmy food-motivated cat with the other.

    The fight drags on. We're close. We're in a better rhythm for dodging attacks and poking for damage whenever we can, even if it's just a swing or two of an at-will power. The health bar chips further and further down. We're exhausted. If it were summer, the sun would have probably been poking through my blinds, making this fight worse. I'm out of snacks, and have 3 empty energy drinks on my desk. The water I had was almost gone. The cat was back next to me again, looking at me with sleepy eyes.

    The boss died. The Cleric and I just sat there for some time. I took a deep breath, and let out what could have been a dying groan for as long as my lungs could bear. I put my head on my desk. We grabbed the 9th Relic, and some shard thing from the chest. We got out of there, and turned in the daily reward.

    Our bonus from the runes? 6k refinement points.

    It was 4:30 when we stepped back into the Yawning Portal. I got an iLvl 950 shirt. Threw it on, and went to do the Winter dailies on my 3 characters before collapsing in bed. I almost missed them due to being so close to the 5:00 daily reset. I haven't been this exhausted since I binged 50+ hours of Skyrim around the weekend it came out.

    My takeaway?

    No 3-rune. No. Just no.

    I slept until maybe 15:00. It's about 17:00 right now. I sipped on the remainder of the energy drink on my desk to get this post done. I haven't eaten or seen the sun today, and friends are asking me to get on later for more MEs. They're talking about using runes. I think it's a bad idea.

    Might do it anyways. Gotta get that Alabaster.

    Update at 00:03:

    Did another 2 runs with 1 rune and the Cleric. We fought the same Manticore, and he was much more manageable. Got the Alabaster Sword Knot. Feeling mildly OK now.

    submitted by /u/gigaflop
    [link] [comments]

    AD Farming Help?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:51 PM PST

    What's the best way to earn AD? I usually get all mine from all the random queues, but get a little discouraged when I notice things I need on TH go up to the millions in AD, How do they do it???

    submitted by /u/littlemalevolent
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for Guilds to join our alliance.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:10 PM PST

    We are a cool, chill, group of guilds searching for some guilds to join us on our new adventure of starting our own alliance. Our goal is to boost activity as much as possible. Our guild members range from new players to well established endgame veterans helping the new ones quickly get there as well. We want active and friendly alliances to join us on our journey. Our only rules are to stay active and free of drama. Let's build a family. Contact me here, or on xbox @amu#9618

    We have an alliance discord available and encourage all of our members to join in order to keep the flow of things and activity going constantly. We would prefer GH10+ join us, but if you're active enough we will consider lower.

    submitted by /u/ChasingAmu
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] LF Friends! (New Player)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:22 AM PST

    Hi everyone, please remove if this isn't allowed :)

    I am a fairly new player, I played NW for a while on Xbox for a while so I'm not completely blind to how the game works, and I'm looking for more friends to play with!

    Right now I have a level 38 Barbarian and a level 19 Pally. I'm really only playing my pally right now.

    I'm looking for people in the same level area to play with because it kind of gets sad playing alone :)

    My name and handle is rjackson333#7426

    I'm also 19 years old and male if that is relevant to anyone.

    Have a good day friends :)

    submitted by /u/artzosaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Epic headstart chest...how do I get it in the game???

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:51 PM PST

    Bought the epic headstart chest on Xbox andl literally have no idea how to actually find it and open it in the game. Doesn't show up in my inventory. Where else would it be?? So frustrated.

    submitted by /u/dannyro19
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:57 PM PST

    I'm considering getting back into neverwinter because I love the game and I played on xbox and since getting a pc and not playing xbox anymore i was thinking about starting over on pc but starting over in neverwinter can be pretty rough and was thinking about dropping some money into the game and wanted to get some opinions on what would be the best things to buy for getting ahead right away like the nox recruitment pack ect. Just generally whats the best to get so i dont waste my money on something else also im starting as a paladin

    submitted by /u/Casperlawl
    [link] [comments]

    The Ridiculous Ballad of Skaaro the Red - A Neverwinter Tale - Chapter 18

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:31 PM PST

    New player

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:12 PM PST

    Just started a Paladin because I saw you can actually enter Ravenloft in this game which is awesome. Any advice for a new player? Anything appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dannyro19
    [link] [comments]

    Dual wield

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Guys I'm going crazy trying to find out if it's possible to create a dual wield Barbarian or Fighter in Neverwinter. I want to start playing Neverwinter on console but I wanna play like a Fury Warrior like I did in WoW. Is there any build where I can make this happen? I really wanna play an mmo on my Xbox but I can't find any information on how to play as the DPS class I really wanna play. Help

    submitted by /u/morpheus360
    [link] [comments]

    Can an xbox player play with an PC player? Or its a server for just xbox, one just for ps4 and one for pc?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:14 PM PST

    Is anyone here a high level paladin? I'm a level 74 paladin and looking for some tips on decent free/quest armor/weapons and shields.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:09 AM PST

    When will Zenith start?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:00 AM PST

    Calendar is not showing it...

    submitted by /u/Korario
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot buy/sell

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:43 PM PST

    I am having the exact same issue as this person had a year ago. Did anyone figure out a fix? Support ticket already sent.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/9afzwg/cannot_buysell/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

    submitted by /u/Asphodelmercenary
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on collecting the past. Glitched?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:46 AM PST

    I've just come back to this game after a long break and have just started the mission Collecting the past it's telling me to collect 40 damaged orb of the seer shards. The path has lead me to the tower distrinct to a spot thats shining however the game is not letting me pick up whatever's shining. I've tried looking at video walkthroughs but nothing's helped so far.

    Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is my game glitched.

    submitted by /u/Crayzeemike
    [link] [comments]

    Barbarian

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:42 AM PST

    Hey guys, what is the best Enchantment weapon for Barbarian dps? ( against boss in this case) I see a lot of peoples And the North Side on YouTube, using vorpal but sometimes Biletorn too, but idk which I buy to invest or how works better single target. Probably vorpal I think. Give me opinions guys. Ty!

    submitted by /u/xploruy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment