• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Neverwinter Ok, Healers. Let's talk.

    Neverwinter Ok, Healers. Let's talk.


    Ok, Healers. Let's talk.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Now, up front I want to be clear that my main in this game is DPS. But I have been a raid healer in other games and while mechanics may differ, the fundamentals don't really change. So let's go back to basics and discuss what your role is and what your expectations should be in group content, for any game you might play. This is advice directed mainly towards players who are healing for the first time.

    First off, you are not a walking, talking health potion. Your job is not to keep health bars topped off at all times. That will just make you miserable and will lead to Healer's Guilt when you run out of Divinity/Power/Mana/whatever resources you need to manage in order to keep healing and somebody dies. Keeping your group alive doesn't always mean keeping everyone topped off. Group members should always have potions and the like to help keep themselves up regardless

    You also need to prioritize your healing targets:

    1.Tanks. If you are going to keep anyone topped off, it's these guys. In the majority of group content, if the tank dies, the likelyhood of a wipe dramatically increases. Keep these guys alive no matter what.

    1. Other Healers. In a raid, keeping the other healer alive is in your best interest. Healing just 4 other people by yourself can be challenging. Healing 9 because the other healer went down? That's just brutal.

    2. Support. Doesn't really apply to this game, but if it did, they would go here.

    3. DPS. Yes, DPS is dead last. Now, that's not to say you shouldn't heal these guys. It's to say that you shouldn't heal them if the tank needs your attention, like, right now. Losing a DPS usually isn't as bad as losing a tank or the other healer in a fight. Usually.

    Lastly, when it comes to group heals, you are the boss. Period. If someone in the group is abusive to you, cut them off. You are the healer. It's your perogative to let a jerk die.

    submitted by /u/Bryandt
    [link] [comments]

    Bulette Pup

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    I chose it from a companion pack I got from the last Stardock lockbox I will ever open, purple quality, even. Why exactly is it such a highly recommended/sought after augment companion? I'd prefer my Black Dragon Ioun Stone.

    submitted by /u/reclusiveandtired
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you time-lapse Neverwinter?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Best Avernus area to farm treasure maps?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Hoping to get the weapons (long shot I know)

    Is there an ideal area/method or do you just run around everywhere in Avernus and kill baddies, hoping for map drops?

    submitted by /u/AviusHeart
    [link] [comments]

    Still fun?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    I run 2 main toons: GF tank and CW. Both 26k il with decent but not the best stats.

    Joined my Alliance to run trial queue with my wizard and the top 2 dps's combined for 40 mill damage, I came in next with 8 mill. I could have just sat there while they melted everything.

    Is this really supposed to be fun. This was epic demo and I know how easy that is but feeling like you contributed is a big factor in multi-player games as-well.

    Am I missing something? Was I gone when they gave out nukes and machine guns to some people, lol?

    People should not be doing triple the damage of the other 4 dps's in the group. I don't know what's changed in Mod 19 but I've found it more prevalent, lately.

    Should a leader-board be 25mill-18mill- 8 mill -5mill -3 mill? Don't even know what the 6th dps did.

    I know paingiver isn't everything, but frankly this run just made me log off and play another game.

    submitted by /u/mulder00
    [link] [comments]

    What's the deal with classes?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    So I last played in 2015, and I have absolutely no memory of class design. I want to play a Great Weapon Fighter, but everything I can find tells me that that's actually a Barbarian? Given how out-of-date most guides are, can someone please set me straight on the matter?

    submitted by /u/TotusGnarus
    [link] [comments]

    What is the new Astral Diamond Grind?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I left Neverwinter for about 2 years, and have just now come back. Last I played, by the time I hit level 70 I had about 600k astral diamonds banked. Now, as a level 44, I have 56k. I'm doing my daily random raid dungeon but, these AD aren't pouring in like they used to. What's the new way of getting them?

    submitted by /u/JesusFlipFlop
    [link] [comments]

    Metallic Dragonborn Sigil

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I bought the sigil and double clicked it. Do I now need to buy a race reroll token to activate it on my character? There is only that option when I right click the character on the Character Selection screen

    submitted by /u/Stabby-Pokey
    [link] [comments]

    Doer of Deeds & Great Deeds

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    The Xbox patch notes said that these achievements are fixed (thank you for putting the time in devs!), and that the achievement descriptions accurately reflect how to unlock them. Their descriptions say: "complete '8/17' Deeds or 'many/a great deal' of the adventures in Neverwinter." I can't find the Deeds system reintroduced anywhere. Logging into my main character with every quest for every zone completed didn't unlock them.

    Has anyone unlocked either of these post-Avernus update? Wondering if we may have to play through every single base game zone on an alt, if a new deed system is well hidden, if it turns out the achievements are still unobtainable, not sure how to get these two achievements unlocked.

    submitted by /u/BlooRad
    [link] [comments]

    Best choice of Companion for Rogue in Mod 19

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Hey guys im currently running a legendary augmentation companion but am wondering if i should stop using augment and switch to a combat comp? And which one i should use if so. Any advice is appreciated. BTW im a 23.5k Rogue Assassin on PS4. Thnx :D

    submitted by /u/Beyond-the-shado
    [link] [comments]

    Surviving Drufi’s 4-arrow attack?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    I play a ranger. How do we survive the 4-arrow attack she uses? I know it's a soak mechanic but the group scatters and when I have it I am soaked alone. I know a paladin can use their champion mechanic to survive it. What can a ranger use? I used to equip my sigil of the fighter to block 90% of damage and used that but they changed it only be up to a % of your HP so it's not so useful now. Anybody have an artifact suggestion? Or other tactic to use when the group won't cluster to help it soak? TIA.

    submitted by /u/Asphodelmercenary
    [link] [comments]

    Tanking

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    How do you Tank? My main is a cleric, but I'm starting to level a Fighter. By what I understand, tanking means timing your shield & doing high magnitude attacks to keep aggro. But I feel like there is more to it.

    submitted by /u/Valhern-Aryn
    [link] [comments]

    Strongbox of Influence

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Where did you get that keys from? Wasn't that from Dragonruns in Stronghold?

    Dont want to pay any Zen for this keys ...

    submitted by /u/Payzoh
    [link] [comments]

    Metallic dragon race good or waste of money

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Hi friends i just buy metallic dragon race and start game with fighter class is there any difference between normal class and metallic dragon ??

    submitted by /u/Waseem_bahi
    [link] [comments]

    [XB1] What’s good looking armor for a male archer and female paladin? I’m stuck with garbage looking armor.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Is the sun of sune companion good?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Why is Dread Worse than Bilethorn?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    I know in practice Bilethorn outperforms but why is it so since both skills should technically output same just one with DoT and the other with Burst but total same magnitude per 4 seconds.

    submitted by /u/Gweddeoran
    [link] [comments]

    How does the bilethorn apply damage?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    So, I've been trying to understand how the bilethorn applies damage but I really don't understand it.

    Rank 14 bilethorn does this:

    - Your At-Will, Encounter, and Daily powers deal 5% bonus damage as poison damage.
    - Target enemy takes Magnitude 40 weapon damage as poison damage after 4 seconds.
    - Target enemy movement speed is reduced by 7%. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts for 4 seconds.

    I don't understand the first and second points.

    Does it calculates 5% of the skill damage and then it adds it to the total damage?

    Does the 40 magnitude weapon damage apply every time you use a skill?

    I'm sorry if it sound obvious to you guys but I really can't get my head around this.

    submitted by /u/coreceps
    [link] [comments]

    Patching Stuck (Sorry I'm new)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    As the title says I am new to this game.

    When I get into some loading screens, at the top left corner I see text saying Patching "X" files but with no progress and the circular progress bar seems to be stuck too, and I can't seem to play without it finishing.

    I used to close the game and reopen it or run as admin to make it work, but nothing seems to work now. Any help would be much appreciated

    Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/DaZaatar
    [link] [comments]

    Reclutamiento Guild PS4 *Los Templarios"

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    Si eres Español, o de habla hispana y buscas una guild en "Los Templarios Sanguinarios" tendras un huevo y te resolveremos todas las dudas, realizaras en contenido mas avanzado del juego, somos guild 17 con muy buen ambiente de juego, unete no te lo pienses, mi id de ps4 es Orevir86, buscame en el juego o por play. Saludos y buen dia a todos.

    submitted by /u/Orevir
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment