• Breaking News

    Friday, January 22, 2021

    Neverwinter This new update...

    Neverwinter This new update...


    This new update...

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Obviously this is a hot topic right now, so this post may get lost in all the others, but I wanted to share my rant:

    What the f*ck were they thinking? Who told the devs that this update was worth bringing to live. I logged on today to chill and relax bc I don't feel good and then every mob in a 20ft raidus kills me. Level 40s were being killed in a level 25 area. Everyone in the zone I was in was complaining abt it, and one of them uninstalled the game right there and then. How is anyone expected to play the game solo when they've made these changes? From what I've seen, the only way to not die is to get a good companion, but that costs real money. I know a lot of people won't want to do that. Personally, I've bought things on the game just because I like playing the game. I'm not going to buy things just to play it. They're going to lose a lot of players from this, and they better fix this before then. But RIP Neverwinter, I guess.

    submitted by /u/22GrainsOfRice
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an insignia exchange? If not, why is there none? I have 15 mil AD of useless insignias now

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:10 PM PST

    Yeah title

    submitted by /u/eddeadcosta
    [link] [comments]

    Mod 20, why the F are the mobs so hard to kill now?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:21 PM PST

    New player, lvl 30 in neverdeath. Logged on after the new update and Im struggling to kill a pack of mobs like why? Why did they make this change

    submitted by /u/zaynsauu
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone ELI5 the update?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 06:57 PM PST

    Ok so me and a friend have gotten into this game to have fun, chill out, and help with her depression. She really enjoys it and recently even bought stuff from the store (when she has like no money). Today's update has really upset her because it's caused a massive difficulty spike and she can barely survive when solo if at all. I have been at work all day and don't really know what the changes are (I saw the patch notes but I'm new and dum). What are the biggest changes? Do we know about any rebalancing for solo players because of this? And what advice can I give my friend on being able to play in this new state and being able to have her characters survive in this new state of the game?

    submitted by /u/watermen2
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else really struggling with the new combat? [kind of a rant]

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:57 PM PST

    I've been playing for close to a year now and I've noticed that every update seems to make the game less enjoyable. This one really made me mad though. The first thing I noticed is that a health bars look different. Not that significant, but still annoyed me. Then I tried fighting, and WOW. Enemies are so hard to defeat now. I was pretty good at combat before the update and now I'm constantly dying. I tried switching out some of my powers and that made no difference. I'm a wizard and one of the things I have is teleportation. I use it a lot to maneuver around in combat but it seems to be different now too. The control seems different if that makes sense. Even running around seems different now. So yeah, if anyone does happen to have tips, it'd be nice.

    submitted by /u/itsjordanfunk
    [link] [comments]

    HE's are 50 to 100x harder now?!?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:22 PM PST

    So I hopped into the game to check out the new update. I was expecting a bit more challenge, and didn't do anything at all to adjust my character just hopped over to the River district as I've been working on that campaign.

    iirc my new adjusted il is like 32k or thereabouts, it was 24ish k before. For reference I was 1 tapping basic mooks out in the map yesterday and easily soloing the mhe's never dropping below 75% health that I can remember. I had 90k defense at the time so I could more or less face tank the mobs on my arbiter cleric.

    Flash forward to today. fighting normal mobs it was a bit harder, nothing crazy just enemies I was 1 tapping before now required a bit more of a beating to take down and dealt more damage than before. My defense is over capped stat wise so perhaps I can move some points to awareness or deflection to compensate but no big deal.

    I pop into a minor heroic and man oh man did I ever get my ass handed to me. Like full health to dead in under 4 seconds. Took me by surprise, like ok cool some challenge is fine but going from steamrolling entire mhe's solo with no worries to dead in 4 seconds, that is a HUGE MASSIVE increase in difficulty.

    Anyone else notice he's are not just slightly harder but instead several degrees of magnitude harder?!?

    My hope is it's just that one area and maybe it's an oversight/bug, not a universal change to how he's work in the game now. Because if this is a universal change just doing simple stuff like the weeklies in averness that require 3 mhe's will require a full squad for all but ultra sweaty endgame players...

    submitted by /u/adingostoleyourbaby
    [link] [comments]

    Enchants & Boons - RIP

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 06:47 PM PST

    In the new world, every boon contributes a "whopping" 0.2% per stat so for every 5 boon points you get 1% - completely underwhelming

    In the new world Enchants (triple stat) at r15 give you a total of 480 stats for the slot - compared to a rank 10 +1 potion that gives you 3450 for a single state. I mean WTF!?!?

    Hang your head in shame over very basic relativity cock-ups

    submitted by /u/Stabby-Pokey
    [link] [comments]

    [Rant] AH is a struggle for a new 'solo' player, now more than ever.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:29 PM PST

    I'm a new player, relatively. I'm here since last week of december but with a full time job, so I don't have that many hours on this game. But still, loving it!, as a former D&D lore fan.

    Btw, straight to the point: I often find myself reading guides about how to build my character (a cleric), how some mechanics work, raids, and so on, but... many guides suggest to buy X item at the auction house and they often suggest prices too... holy s**t! Items that were priced let's say 40k AD in just SEPTEMBER 2020 now are x10 the price! It's literally impossible to reach standards for a new player that likes to play mostly in solo.

    But, what bothers me the most is that with this new combat system and item leveling, bonding runestone are now useless, an item that was meta and bis per every character in the game, and those fricking runestones are gonna be exchanged for more and more AD, putting the wealth bar even higher, contributing to AH's scary inflation. And now, for me, it is pratically impossible to afford anything.

    These are gonna be hard times for new players.

    I don't like to leech from some guildmate or BHE groups just to spend hours tagging mobs honestly, I like the trading and players economy as an in-game content in many MMOs, but I also know that currently I'm passing by AH's worst time in history ever... This brings me down a lot, reeeeeally really a lot.

    Honestly, I'm not feeling like continuing playing this gem of a game right now. Maybe I just need to find some friends to play along with and take the game as it is, slaying demons having a bugged Drizzt by my side or just eRPing in some tavern, heh.

    submitted by /u/oneEyedGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    Patch got me like: (Level 46 in Neverdeath Graveyard btw. Just trying to help the Harpers :( )

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Tip: Exchange the free "single stat enchantment" rank 15 for a radiant

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:19 AM PST

    Then exchange the radiant for your choice from a larger list, including all the options in the "single stat" list. edit: same with the runestone, pick empowered then exchange that. (kinda silly they limited that list with this in mind)

    These are bound (account) either way, so no loss there either.

    submitted by /u/alistairetheblu
    [link] [comments]

    Got 1800 zen what to do

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:19 AM PST

    Hello so recently my brother gifted me 1800 zen and I'm not sure what is worth to pick up from the store. Are they any good companions that are worth or what do you suggest ?

    Thanks for any advice :)

    submitted by /u/NizZm0
    [link] [comments]

    First Impressions of the combat changes?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    ty to the brave PC players who get to beta the combat changes before we lucky souls on console. so what's the verdict?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/A_Gamer2020
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: I actually really like this new update (please, hear me out)

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:03 PM PST

    First of all, this update reminds me a lot of the old combat system. I have been playing NW since 2013, way before they introduced IL. Before IL there was a power level system, which basically rounded up all your stats into one estimated power level.

    That system acted a lot like the current one, which means that, yes, the game was way more difficult.

    I have been playing with a friend of mine recently and when we got to the Plague Tower I was astounded when he said that it was really easy, when I remember it took me almost a day to beat it, even when another friend of mine, who was level 60 (the max at the time), joined me.

    I have recently gotten to Neverdeath with my 4th character (the only thing I'm buying is character slots, I want to keep being f2p), and after seeing how easy it was I was honestly a bit disappointed. But then the update dropped and I was relieved when the combat actually had some meaning behind it.

    I know people aren't happy with it, but as a veteran I actually really like this update

    Lastly, I have tried this new update out with my main character in Avernus, and actually found out that I can survive really well, even though I am a free to play. Same goes for my second character, which is way less developed, and with whom I had a really hard time before the update.

    Also, it finally gave me a reason to have health potions in my inventory. Before that I could only survive on health stones.

    So please, everyone, stop saying that this update is bad just because it made the game harder, and try to keep an open mind about it.

    submitted by /u/grimgamertv
    [link] [comments]

    some questions on the new update

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:50 PM PST

    potion got buffed and could be as good as stone of health (with hp ratings getting nerfed and all) but does it trigger blessed resilience?

    and indomitable runes, are those only for companion's attack damage or also the player (to boost damage since power is easily capped now)?

    submitted by /u/BloodEnthused
    [link] [comments]

    Neverwinter red dot over enemy health bar

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Who knows how to fix the health bars over the enemy, they now have one or two red dots over them and I'm getting two-shot killed by a level 40 when I'm level 46. What's wrong? is it my equipment, a certain artifact? A new scaling when you reach level 46?

    submitted by /u/anniexoxo29415
    [link] [comments]

    Moon question, I can’t do dungeons anymore after the patch, why?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 03:23 PM PST

    So I just logged on after patching and now for some reason I'm not able to do any dungeon besides cloak tower or craftier crypts because my item level is too low? But I was able to do gray wolf den, pirate king retreat and spellplague last night? What happened? Did something change?

    Edit: I meant noob question

    submitted by /u/MooZedongus
    [link] [comments]

    Banned?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:58 PM PST

    After playing NW for several hours, I took a break to eat dinner. Upon attempting to get into the game again, it stated my account had been banned, and the ARC site repeated that message when I tried to log in there. Any one else had this happen today?

    submitted by /u/roadhawgg
    [link] [comments]

    What's a better healer? Warlock or cleric?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    I'm pretty new to the game trying to play as a healer for my friend group since I know most of them are gonna play as either a tank or mainly dps. Can't decide between warlock or cleric :/

    submitted by /u/OGKun-
    [link] [comments]

    First Image: Feb 2014. Second Image: Jan 2021. Was there a change in Character Creation while I was gone?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:18 PM PST

    [Alcohol] The Driftwood Tavern: When a character is “tanked” and drinks more alcohol, it now refreshes their “tanked” status instead of reverting them to “drunk.”

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:08 AM PST

    Neverwinter team leader has no chill. Went around the table assigning work to each of the game designers and programmers and after handing out all the stat change jobs, Timmy in the back was like "what about me?". "Oh umm, hey Tim, you can work on the alcohol consumption bug".

    submitted by /u/classicmint1934
    [link] [comments]

    Please help with an eili5 build. I'm a tank that can't hold agro, can't survive, can't do damage. I don't have hours to test a new build, and I'm really coming to the end with the game.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:34 PM PST

    I was a fully capable end game player. I'm not going though this again. I just want to set up my character and play the damn game. I get it. There has to be ne equipment, stuff to grind for. But, c'mon.

    submitted by /u/GeorgeWendt1
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum percentage in Combat Rework.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:07 AM PST

    So I'm still perplexed. What is the maximum percentage that can be achieved in any one stat? Not that I'm ever going to get there but I'm curious as to how much I'll get shamed for not achieving at least a certain percent.

    submitted by /u/havensinnixa
    [link] [comments]

    Damage problem Barbarian lvl 20

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:59 PM PST

    Yes hello,

    I'm currently having a problem with the difficulty of the game. I recently started playing the game, playing an elven barbarian and I'm loving it so far. Thing is, I was happily plowing my way through the quests, not really encountering any difficulty, until I passed the level 19 mark. And then BOOM ! I have to throw everything I have at the smallest pack if I expect to merely survive ! IF I survive. So I'm now at the Blackdagger ruins and I'm simply stuck. i've done everyquest, I seem to have the best possible stuff at my level (ilevel 84) I'm not injured, I have the right level, the stuff isn't broke, I have a companion (the minstrel), a mount, I've done the crafting quests, so there's the question : What am I missing ? Is it supposed to be this hard ?

    submitted by /u/Gosat2
    [link] [comments]

    How are Tenebrous Enchantments working in Mod 20?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:49 PM PST

    For those who are now playing Mod 20, how were the pure-damage stats translated in the combat rework?

    Specifically something like Tenebrous Enchantments.

    I'm on PS4 so I haven't been able to test.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jupiter_josh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment