• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    Neverwinter THE TRUTH ABOUT NEVERWINTER AFTER COMBAT CHANGES REWORK

    Neverwinter THE TRUTH ABOUT NEVERWINTER AFTER COMBAT CHANGES REWORK


    THE TRUTH ABOUT NEVERWINTER AFTER COMBAT CHANGES REWORK

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:10 PM PST

    1.Neverwinter on PC is not a test server where people spend time and money to test a product before final release on other platforms. WE ARE NOT GAME TESTERS FOR NEVERWINTER period. At least pay us for that. I honestly don t know how long it will take to solve the critters and bosses lifes and balance their damage to match each zone.

    1. Striker Companions damage still sucks and there is no real reason for someone to use augment anymore due to the very small increase in ratings percentages (just 3 of them based on companion), around 2% at best in endgame.

    3.And I have to tell you guys there is something nasty with this combat system when you are scaled, if you overcap the IL required for the dungeon/trial/skirmish no matter how much above that, you will have the same damage and HP as someone with much lower IL that is also overcaped for the content. So let me explain for a better understanding.
    If I have 54k Item Level my damage is 6400, HP 620k and another player have item level 45k and have 5500 damage and 520k HP, we both will have our damage and hp scaled to match the content Item Level, for example Infernal Citadel having a minimum Item Level of 30k which is endgame content by the way. In this case me with 54k Item Level and the guy with 45k Item Level with is 9k item level below me, have the SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE in scaled content, 4800. You will have to keep that in mind there are plenty of lower level equipments that have better equip bonuses that endgame content and closer, the only difference in those items will be the amount of hp provided. Because if you drop your Item Level by alot, it means your rating caps will have to match your Item Level so in this case I will have better percentages for each of statuses. So now LESS IS MORE?

    What is the purpose of progressing in Neverwinter if I have to unequip endgame gears, mythic or legendary collars where I spent over 40-50m AD to upgrade them and for what? for a bit of HP and less effectiveness of my percentages, being scaled to have the same Damage as a player with 9k Item Level below me? How is this fair? How do I justify my investition of 100m AD+ to gain this boost in Item Level if a player with 9k Item level below me have the same damage as me in scaled content and also have higher ratings because his ratings caps are lower than mine.

    Conclusion. THE GAME BECAME LINIAR IN TERMS OF PROGRESSION AND EVERYTHING YOU DO NOW IS TO WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO EVOLVE. You are not actually progressing, you are downgraded to the lowest point of decency while playing 98% of the game content.

    I have a 54k Item Level Barbarian. I have done all content, including Zariel Master (got my weapon, now it is trash). I have over 500 TOMM runs completed, alot of deathless runs, now I can barrely survive and finish the trial with a fully endgame exp group. I have worked my $^%$ and spent good hours from my life and even money at some point to push my avatar to the boundaries and now is all for nothing. I could ve been simply stay with 30k Item level and make no real difference in terms of performance as long as I had my companions upgraded to mythic and mounts. Rank 15 enchantments now make no real difference (huge lose in investiment, collars same thing, insignias same thing, endgame gears, same thing)

    Feel free to test everything I said for yourself and take your own decissions on how worthy is the game right now. If you agree with my point of view it means they have failed again.

    I am done with Nevewinter.

    With honesty,

    Platinum.

    submitted by /u/Platinumnw
    [link] [comments]

    Disillusioned now recruiting on PC!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:37 PM PST

    Are any other Tank Paladins finding there guard useless after the new patch

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:00 PM PST

    I key part of my play style as a tank paladin was using guard to soak damage and keep myself alive. Since the new patch the entire ability seems completely useless now because your stamina meter will go to zero in 3 attacks form any mob. I could understand a boss but when 2 archers completely kill my role to a team is frustrating. having no stamina means not only do I have to face tank with at-wills (which leads to be being chucked for stupid damage) but also means I have no way to regain divinity effectively to use my actual skills. Pre patch I loved having to balance when to defend and when to go on the attack, now I defending does, my damage is artificially low because of my role and I have no real CC, buff or heal abilities so what exactly is this class currently good for.

    submitted by /u/Ven18
    [link] [comments]

    Charging for Retrains right now is ridiculous

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:53 AM PST

    On the off chance that someone from Cryptic sees this board...

    It's sort of nuts that y'all are charging for retrains right now.

    Sure, we all got a million retrain tokens during the winter festival. Doesn't matter. We're gonna burn through those in no time while we figure out how to make our characters work in this fiasco of a mod.

    Want to create a tiny bit of goodwill? Make retrains free until further notice.

    submitted by /u/Remarkable_Inchworm
    [link] [comments]

    Companion Upgrade...not an upgrade

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:09 PM PST

    After looking at ways to increase deflect severity (there's a boon...and that's it) I gave up and tried to see what I could do to increase my awareness next.

    After swapping out some comp gear and enchants/runestones with minimal increases to awareness, my final attempt for the night was to upgrade main favorite companion to mythic.

    I have a paranoid delusion that's been legendary rank for a while, and I figured the extra stats from his combined ratings after a mythic upgrade would also be a small boost to awareness (along with all other stats).

    Well... his awareness actually went down by 0.7%. So did most of my other stats. The big ilvl increase for going to a mythic summoned companion from a legendary caused my stats to actual go down.

    I could understand some diminishing returns causing something like this to happen as I approach end-game maximization (45k or more ilvl) but I'm still sitting in the early part of end-game development at 35k ilvl.

    I wasted companion upgrade tokens?

    This update is still broken.

    submitted by /u/jaylaxel
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for a level 17 to join Random Dungeon Queue for Cragmire Crypts when the the item level required is 15000?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    Neverwinter, preview, the Pareto principle and the value of free stuff.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:26 AM PST

    Hi,

    Since I already can guess it will end up as a wall of text:

    If you clicked here for changes tips, this is not a post about it, this is more like me joining the opinion train. But still, I would recommend to put the bondings trade AD into companion upgrade. Looks for your missing stats, CA, for example. Don't get tempted to go on a shopping spree. Or while it is beneficial to put the AD on the ZAX, if you want to adapt your characters, you may want to actually invest the AD back into it (did I mention upgrading companions? Check if using tokens is cheaper, there are different sized packs for them, and can be bought directly with t.bars IIRC)

    Trading radiants is up to you, if you want a working char right now, and don't mind binding your enchantments, then go for it, you will mainly want Forte (darks in utility) and then fill the missing stats.It's hard to recommend specifics since Forte is different per paragon (I do want to address the Forte elephant later). Otherwise I wouldn't recommend binding enchants.

    Since the post is not about the practicals of "how to adapt" I'll move on.

    Don't panic.

    I fully empathize with players who yesterday could just login into the game and have their short break from the stresses of RL by killing some demons, or players who invested a lot of time into their char and now it just not as effective, or just lost and have no clue how to adjust stuff, or what to do. Many of us are tired, and just want to play a game with friends, or alone.

    Please, don't panic. And more importantly, it's not worth getting emotional over it. Things will be patched, adapted, adjusted. Perhaps taking a short break. But I've read about people crying or in real panic, and no game change is worth the mental health.

    You don't know where to go from now, don't worry, builds will come, stuff will settle. I'll take the opportunity to promote Rainers stuff, Join Rainer's Discord: https://discord.gg/83WWUFKand follow the advice of people who know what they are doing (myself not included).

    M16, M19b, Preview, and testing. The history of it all. (skip this if too long)

    Games will always change, always evolve, if an MMO doesn't, it means it is dying. And Devs will always make mistakes, this is as constants as death and taxes, and in NW 'features' are not a stranger.

    IMO, one of the reasons of the significant outcry is that things took time to settle since the M16 changes, as those had a much larger scope, while these changes are mainly to the stats system. Still it is tiresome.

    But I bring up M16 for a different reason, M16 had a closed preview phase, and while I can't say if the Dev's got anything useful from it (which is one of the issues about communication that happened), I can say that many of those involved were not happy (about how it went), there were issues, leaks, and after it there was a huge outcry about closed beta advantage and so on. It was bad.

    This time, it was done opposite extreme, no one knew (at least to my knowledge), and we all got this surprise after the black Friday. With preview open and "test away". That surprise makes long term content like char builders like Rainers, and Michael DarkAngel's who did a mobile version, in-depth guides, and tool sites, and so on, an issue. In this type of content we do not need to release twice a week to maintain viewers, but it takes a lot of time to create especially while having RL obligations. A lot of things mid work were thrown into the trash that day.

    Now, by no means I write this to advocate closed beta. Closed betas IMO have plenty of issues, that are not easy to overcome, whom to invite, how many, leaks, advantage, is it free QA or feedback and so on. This mention of it is for the context.

    Testing and feedback are very wide concepts, some think of it as QA, finding bugs, some as offering feedback on the system itself in some context, others provide their feeling and experience. Some easier to do, and some forms are time consuming. More so when it should be done with a correct context.

    But in any form, the number of people who actually go, test, beyond the cursory login to check the new stuff, and try to write anything is very small. Less without the personal feeling of obligation that happens in closed invites. And even less when some are just being told that they are not welcome in general (yup, not welcome, nor my content).

    So we end up with people doing things for free, which in turn not valued by neither the company - How long it takes to get back to a person about changes to the combatlog when they invest huge time in passing bug lists and what not? (Rainer), neither the community at large - we all saw the blame "those end-gamer", "those testers", and what not.

    More so when there is a competition vs some who spread disinformation and FUD, without testing, or out of context, especially by people who do not care about the overall health of the game, but only their narrow class interests, and some other interests. Especially since FUD is more interesting.

    So? And whom to blame?

    The above brings us to less testing and feedback. Does it mean that the community is responsible for the releases, and lack of testing?

    Nope.

    There is only one entity that's responsible for all things NW, and it's the Cryptic dev team. I saw several times mentions of suites/management forcing things, and I just don't see that. Obviously there are contracts, and deadlines, but the studio allocates their resources, their goals, their time frame, and the decision is theirs. It's also theirs in the interaction with the community. It's also their decision how they interpret feedback, the context, and what they do with it. Only theirs.

    But can they and we do more? Ofc, people can go and test more. Cryptic can be more forthcoming about what needs more testing, and more feedback. Personally I see more value in asking the community for specific help and sharing specific numbers over trying to "sell" the changes on streams.

    We can see the same patterns, after the first one or two weeks the communication is gone, but things do change. So by the time things go live and builds change, there is little communication, little testing, and things go live...

    I can understand it in many ways, that feeling of "this has run it's course" after seeing repetition of the same posts or some bickering (yes, I'm aware of my part in the bickering). But this what happens when there is no management. Effective teams are created / managed by effective leadership.

    Throwing it out to the public and hoping for good results is not management, it's a waste of everyone time. And the results are of the expected quality, especially when some of the more invested players who used to test, do not.

    Preview is, potentially, a free resource for the company, but if it's not managed* it's not useful to anyone. *managed doesn't mean having a despot on top, it means someone to direct, to be responsible, it means leadership. To help, to guide, to encourage.

    A side note, please, the blame thrown around about who is listened to, or who is testing, or why other players didn't test something, or what not.. that will lead to even less results. Don't like what others tested, test it, post it, support your argument (and I actually mean that claiming X but testing and showing Y also doesn't help IMO, only leads to bickering).

    Will this whole pattern change? Probably not.

    When the dust settles

    Is this rework is really some end-of-the-world? IMO no, not at all. It will take some time to adjust, and yes some things are harder. Either they will be patched, or perhaps some things deserve to be a bit harder. Regardless of whomever to fault for the issues, and the bound exchange, and the insignia we are stuck with, and so many things, now all is left is to wait a bit for the dust to settle, adjust and adapt. Even though it is tiresome and annoying.

    Is the new system is easier? The new system is harder to mess up significantly with. We get gear, we put gear, and life goes on. It is harder to get the maximum, or since the system has circular dependency (caps come from IL, IL comes from stats, and stats limited by the caps) it's harder to give good advice what piece of gear to add / remove / swap on a glance when looking at a player. Previously I could tell "get more ArP", now I will probably need a calculator.

    How long this new system will last? On one hand it is aimed to last, on the other M16 system was aimed to last. But this looks much more permanent. Lets hope that at least it will bring some other innovation, because stagnant online games are usually dying games, but so far, I don't see any new gear bonuses, or anything. Only more of the same with higher IL, and that is not interesting, or encouraging to play.

    Should it have been released as is? IMO no. I was surprised. Though it makes sense to do so before the new mod, still there are issues. And with people reporting leveling as hard or dailies, it should have been a focus.

    Bigger issues? I think that the current outcry about the systems changes (I do appreciate the meme posts) in some ways hides a different issue that is IMO more important.M20 - Entire zone went away, as part of the living worlds. We will have 3 episodes, and all together it will be about half year. Judging by the favors system in M19, to me farming 3 times a similar bar, with more or less the same quests is not fun. And with the new trend of 2 mods per year instead of 3, there is less group content per year. More so, the content has lower shelf life. This is a subjective opinion, but I'll rather run ToMM than IC or Zariel, where the last two are newer. And as is now, I didn't notice something "wow" as a reason to run the new dungeon, beyond ofc trying it out and finishing it (it is a nice dungeon)

    ----

    I've mentioned "free things less valued", and that a lot is done by select few, whether it is feedback, testing, or content. Feel free to support: https://www.patreon.com/RainerNW

    (and no even thought I have one, it's not mine, Rainer did a lot at this short notice)

    submitted by /u/JanneMoonmist
    [link] [comments]

    Entire Game Feels Like A Dungeon

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:41 PM PST

    I only started a 2 weeks ago max and it was fun leveling and a smooth experience transitioning from one zone to the next. In the last couple of days I've made almost zero progress.

    I love the fact that games like this have hard content and often that content comes in a normal and higher difficulty version of a dungeon or raid or something. But the overland mobs and every encounter now feels like I need a second DPS and a healer.

    Yes I can drudge through it, die over and over, sit around campfires, spend all of my pittance of gold on health potions - which I've been doing the last couple of days - but I don't think I can continue to play like this, it's just not fun. I don't want to feel like I'm in a dungeon 100% of the time.

    Sure, someone will say wait for a build guide, but there is no build guide for a level 35 character really. We can't just "balance our stats" or get specific gear as we only have the gear we get - which was adequate last week but now isn't. They seriously need to reduce the difficulty of anything outside of a dungeon again.

    submitted by /u/Aletheion
    [link] [comments]

    How to tank?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:43 PM PST

    So I've played a lot of mmorpgs but I rarely get to points where I do raids and/or dungeons frequently, until I started playing Neverwinter last week. I play league of legends as well as other games and in league I prefer playing tank roles because I like the idea of protecting teammates and drawing the enemy attention while my team does their thing to win fights, but I feel there are different things I need to do in mmorpg raids.

    So I'm a vanguard right now in Neverwinter and after the recent patch I feel like the role of a tank is going to be much more significant than what it was pre-patch and I want to be able to protect dungeon parties properly. I was wondering if anyone had a guide and/or would be able to tell me how tanking works in mmorpgs in general, how it would work specifically in this game, and how doing raids/dungeons as a party works in general and how it works specifically in this game?

    I also have some even more specific questions I was wondering if anyone could answer about some of the vanguard abilities, specifically the threat generating ones. Am I correct in assuming that generating threat against enemies helps me get the enemies' attention away from DPS? When should I use these threat generating abilities? Because whenever I use enforced threat when we encounter a group of mobs, I feel like the enemies don't really pay attention to me lol. I'm also level 46 and a lot of DPS players I have been playing with are level 80s usually so maybe they're just generating more threat than me no matter what lol? Also, when I do damage to a certain group of mobs, does threat only generate for the individual mob I'm attacking or for the whole group of mobs? and finally, for my at will power Tide of Iron, the added effect says that my actions generate more threat. Is this a passive effect that applies to everything I do as long as I have that at will equipped?

    I appreciate any and all help.

    submitted by /u/MooZedongus
    [link] [comments]

    Pity the poor wizard

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:24 AM PST

    Friend Code

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:56 PM PST

    Nightmare Event

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:48 PM PST

    so... i missed yesterday.

    does this mean i wont be able to get my Warhorse Token?

    submitted by /u/limmo
    [link] [comments]

    Any other console supports getting as much Xuna-time in as possible right now?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:34 PM PST

    I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sorry PC

    submitted by /u/Pinchstr
    [link] [comments]

    Can't log in

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:13 PM PST

    Been trying to log in for the past 15-20 mins and am getting the account login server timeout. Anyone else having this issue???

    submitted by /u/castiele696
    [link] [comments]

    SOS HELP PLZ Ps4 network not connecting to server?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:52 PM PST

    In game I was logged out and everytime I try to log in it says it cant access the account info from Psn. Ive checked my internet connection, reset my ps4 multiple times and double checked my ps plus account to make sure I was good to go but apparently myself and a couple guildmates can't login due to the same error. However another member who is in ps chat is still playing with no issues. Can anyone help me understand whats going on and how do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/BlindTaco-
    [link] [comments]

    can someone help!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:26 PM PST

    Hello folks! With the new patch my hands are all tied up. I used to run the trial dungeons to get a seal of the fallen for a decent level gear (1200lvl) and good amount of AD but with the new rework my item level is unfortunately not enough for the trial dungeons, all i can run the normal and skirmish dungeons and these dungeons' drops are really bad and not enough for ANYTHING. My plan used to run the trials and make some AD and seals but with this non-sense, i can no longer make any AD or seals so thats why my item level never rises. even the campaign boons are so hard to acquire now and i have no idea what to do. i thought that i can buy some good stuff from auction house that can level up my item level but i can't get anything since my ad's are not enough and i can no longer get any AD from dungeons. what can i do to level up my item level without paying real money to the game? my item level is currently 24.361 but i need to get to 25k. all helps are really appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kkholinzoldyck
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t invite my friend to a group.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:51 PM PST

    Both me and my friend are playing on XBox One. We are both level 5 and have just received our mounts in Protectors Enclave. We are in the same game but when we interact with the other ones character to invite them to a group it says "you cannot invite this person to a group right now. Perhaps they are already in a group?" Are we too low a level? And if so what level do you need to be to make a group?

    submitted by /u/notar15
    [link] [comments]

    Paladin Divinity bug

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:25 PM PST

    Hey guys, so my paladin isn't regening divinity at all. No matter what I do my divinity just womt regen. Ive shaped skills, changed characters, logged out and in again. The resource just won't refill. It says 0/0 divinity. Anyone have this issue or know how to help?

    submitted by /u/Gavinmon0324
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friend are in a party and were both in vellosk, but he stopped getting quests, and I didnt, this happened before, and i shared my quest and it worked for him, i cannot share my quest anymore, and hes stuck.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:54 PM PST

    Wizards

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:06 AM PST

    Hey cryptic, just buff wizards up to be like other classes. Ice shard or icy rays needs a buff to be more in line with other combat powers like freaking blood letter. We need more than just weak dots. Meta kills mobs fast bc heavy hitters. Hard to do real damage with no mobs around. Another thing, buff our dmg feats. Smolder is not noticable at all, and arcanist is only okay bc of 3 specific feats that have random activation chance. Not very wizard like to rely on chance, leave that to the sorcerers. Oh wait.

    submitted by /u/ida_ra
    [link] [comments]

    Final Patch

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:30 AM PST

    Hey everyone. After todays patch how is the game going currently? Can anyone inform me about the new patch? What kind of things they have fixed and is it better than the last patch or is it still a mess?

    submitted by /u/kkholinzoldyck
    [link] [comments]

    Wizard mod 20 and combat change

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:17 PM PST

    Hello fellow wizard mains, Can you help me in this troubled times? As im coming back to the game after a break from start of mod 19 im kinda lost here. I was wondering whats good now? What enchantments and runestones are good? Witch companions are good, what stats shoud i focus on etc. Should i pick my free stuff yet or wait a few weeks for mod 20? And witch ones should i take? Im around 27k ilv, unluckly i cant post my toon atm but any info will help D:

    submitted by /u/CaprainPiggg
    [link] [comments]

    maybe this old negletted artifact is now BiS?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:25 AM PST

    Does anyone have a clean above image of the zariels challenge platform

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:20 AM PST

    I've been trying to find a clean image to mark up for training purposes, to help give tanks a visual of where to stand for what phase and such, I was able to find some images for the checker board and 2x daunting safe spots, but they're so marked up or don't show platform orientation at all, a clean one should be nice to have

    submitted by /u/Mr_StealYourRNG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment