• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Neverwinter New Members, Start Here!

    Neverwinter New Members, Start Here!


    New Members, Start Here!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:00 AM PST

    First of all, welcome to the r/Neverwinter subreddit. This is the subreddit for the Neverwinter MMO by Cryptic. Please take some time to read our Rules.

    You are free to post trading threads here (provided that they do not violate the subreddit's rules), or you can use the r/NeverwinterTradePost subreddit. Please make sure that you flair your post with the platform you play on.

    If you are wanting to chat with people, the Protector's Enclave Discord server is available. While it's not an official Discord, it is the closest thing we have to one, and there are devs and other PWE & Cryptic staff present. The subreddit also has its own built in chat system, but it's buggy and gets cleared of text often (due to bugs with Reddit).

    We have a list of recruiting guilds. If you wish to have your guild added to the list, leave a LINK here in this thread. See the list for more details.

    Our subreddit's wiki is in the process of being updated. Check it out to see if it's been updated!

    If you are new to Reddit, please expect your first posts and comments to need manual approval from a Moderator first before they can officially be posted/shared. This is standard for all New Accounts, we just ask that you be patient while waiting for a manual approval.

    If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post them here. For moderation questions, please send a PM to r/Neverwinter. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ManicGypsy
    [link] [comments]

    Combat Change for Consoles - Thursday 4th Feb

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:24 AM PST

    When removing gear makes you better.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:41 PM PST

    When removing gear makes you better.

    I have said it before. The current system is fundamentally broken. It is just not right when the best thing to do with your shiny new gear is to remove it.

    (edit: only applies to scaled content, of course, when you are at the damage cap)

    Here is an example. Those are my stats when I enter the Cloak Tower - out of combat - no buffs. On the left are my stats with all my gear. Then I remove 4 of my 5 mount collars and get the stats on the right.

    https://preview.redd.it/gxciyp16pxe61.jpg?width=624&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ba13690149242de5407b836eaedc47e36747e5be

    As you can see, my damage stays the same, but with the exception of Critical Severity, all my percentages go up. (And the reason critical severity went down was that one of the collars gave a bonus to that).

    In other words, removing gear made me better. This is just wrong.

    WRONG...WRONG...WRONG

    I enjoy having a sense of progression. ...nonsense like this takes it away.

    It is almost as if you do not understand that many players are motivated by a sense of progression - In fact, I would call that one of the core themes of D&D.....the endless loop of improving your skills and your gear.

    This...this is something else, altogether.

    submitted by /u/Adinos
    [link] [comments]

    Mirage Weapon Go BRRR

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:27 AM PST

    My turn of complaining about Neverwinter!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:52 PM PST

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/nw-refer-a-friend/accept?ref=VUxmS3JUZGFPV0xJS0NQbm5tTG1rVHh2ZURCWGxWRTFHaktFTGF4Tk4xQT0= new to neverwinter

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:40 PM PST

    My rogue has 76 boons, my other toons only 75.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:21 PM PST

    As my title says, I have one extra boon on my rogue and only 75 on my other toons. They've all completed the same campaigns so I'm wondering where the extra boon comes from and how to claim it on my other toons. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BSpectacledSpectacle
    [link] [comments]

    appearance items

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:33 PM PST

    I have a pirate hat in my inventory and I want to transfer it to my appearance library but it's not giving me the option. It just says equip , what do I do? The description of it literally says "free appearance change "

    submitted by /u/Jackkpott69
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find my friend.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:30 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I've tried everything so as a last resort I come here for help. I can't seem to find my friend in-game, in social or anywhere. As if she doesn't exist. We have different instances. The ones she sees are full for me. Can't find her by using her @handle - nothing works. We both use steam version. Thank you in advance!

    (I suspect it may be due to her picking russian language)

    EDIT: Fixed it. It indeed was the language, she went back to english and I could add her!

    submitted by /u/MartynowskiTheBibba
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonborn or gith

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:23 PM PST

    Should I stay with Dragonborn mod 20 or switch to gith? Ima dps barbarian

    submitted by /u/Jackkpott69
    [link] [comments]

    New combat is punishing me way too much

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:23 AM PST

    So with the new item level buffs that enemies got, I can't win a fight for shit. My gear isn't really that bad, I'm a DPS Ranger Build, but for some reason any fight with more than 1 enemy just kills me out right.

    Why did they buff the enemies so dang much? I was online for the issue regarding them being way too buffed. But it's still way too much. If I can't kill enemies that are lower level than me, there's not really a point is there?

    submitted by /u/deathmite
    [link] [comments]

    What is "disabled" status effect?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:55 PM PST

    So on my GWF I am using the Paranoid Delusion and Trample the Fallen. Now both of these basically work on "controlled enemies". So my thought is trying to find some companion that will AoE trigger both these effects.

    So what status effects count for these? And more specifically does "slowed" count because I have a couple of companions that use AoE slows with near 100% uptime such as Wayward Wizard.

    If anyone has any tips or advice i'd like to hear it.

    submitted by /u/shazbot_101
    [link] [comments]

    Dps barb companion bonuses types

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:50 AM PST

    Does anyone know if the combat change brought the companion bonuses for the Dps barb more in line with the other dps characters (more offensive types).

    submitted by /u/T33t3r92
    [link] [comments]

    Is double DC still viable

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:11 AM PST

    Back when I last played in 2018 the meta was pretty much AC and DO in every dungeon. Is this still viable/worth running? Coming back to the game and my friend is maining devout cleric so I was thinking of coming back as Arbiter but not if it impacts us running all content

    submitted by /u/oldsockdude
    [link] [comments]

    Oddly specific question about changing item appearance

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:04 AM PST

    Returning player, play as Paladin but prefer a sword to maces.

    So I have an Ancient Mulhorrand Knight Longsword, which my Pally can use. But with all the changes, its stats look rubbish compared to other weapons I'm finding. I'm mid-level, not at level cap.

    Does anyone know....if I convert it to an appearance item, will I be able to then apply that appearance to a mace? I know you can't apply a 'normal' sword appearance to a mace, because a normal sword isn't a Pally weapon. But I'm not convinced that it'll work with the Mulhorrand sword, because it's a bit of an oddity to begin with.

    Before I try it, does anyone know whether it'll work or not?

    submitted by /u/MonochromeChaos
    [link] [comments]

    I just picked this game up after 5 years and I have one question

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:42 PM PST

    My two favorite abilities in the game are Smoldering Burst and Shard of the Endless Avalanche. It's now impossible to have both on one character I guess or am I understanding that wrong?

    submitted by /u/The_Astrobiologist
    [link] [comments]

    New player

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I am new to neverwinter and have two questions.

    1) is it pay to win game?

    2) is it a game that takes a long time (4 hours more a day) or is it enough a few hours a day (1-2h)?

    submitted by /u/ToxicisLife
    [link] [comments]

    NW PC

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:25 AM PST

    For the new update, the bonuses of the Sunset Holy Symbol set

    Sunset icon. They are good?

    2 of Set:

    Your Damage and Healing are increased by 5%

    While in Barovia, your Damage Resistance and Movement Speed are also increased by 5%.

    While in Barovia during nightfall, your Damage, Damage Resistance, Healing, and Movement Speed are increased by 10%.

    submitted by /u/Foaus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment